Stay Away From The 2-3" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive used rough country products before and they are what they are (get what you paid for). They sell most of thier kits cheaper than others due to inferior parts and design. They aren't meant for serious offroading mostly due to inferior brackets and poor angles on steering components. Not that they are bad kits, they get you the added height and some of thier kits will also increase articulation. However a solid lift shouldn't be built from spacers and blocks as alot of thier kits are. Drop shackles, lift springs, better coils and proper steering component geometry are best. Blocks in the rear can add stress to the ubolts and add the possibility of your rear jumping during wheel spin due to "axle wrap". Also most of rough country's taller coil springs are single rate springs and depending on the setup can give you a bumpy ride. Lastly poor steering brackets and bad angles can increase the chance of "bump steer". Outside of those facts if the truck wasnt my daily driver and i wanted a cheaper suspension lift i would buy thier products again.

Jbobch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. I actually purchased this kit at the beggining of 2016 and I stalled it. I didn't install the differential drop that came with it as I thought that was way too much for a 2 inch lift. I only installed the torsion keys, upper control arms, shocks, shock relocates, and blocks in the rear. They have upgraded this kit from the way you have it. They have upgraded the shock relocators to where it doesn't dig in to your cv boots. I have had this kit on for close to a year now and have yet to have any problems. And I didn't even drop my dif. Yes it rides a little stiffer but you can expect that when you crank your torsion bars. But as the wear and tear part I haven't had any trouble at all so far. I was real hesitant of getting this kit due to this post. Buuuutttt I ended up buying it and I love it I didn't want anything drastic. Oh I only cranked my new torsion keys to 2 inches any farther and the differential drop is needed to prevent cv axle problems. I just thoughthink I'd throw that side note in. Thanks guys and I'm sorry that happened to you man.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Jbobch Do you still have the differential drop by chance. I'm going to be lifting mine (more) soon and need a differential drop.

If you have it and would be interested in selling it, let me know. Thanks!

97Mistake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to try and revive this...looks like all around this is a decent kit now. I’ve always liked the stuffed look of a bigger tire with a short lift. Anyone know if this can fit 35s ok? Or should I stick to 33’s with a 10 in wide wheel? Pics would be cool, I’ve scoured the internet and haven’t really seen any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic