Stay Away From The 2-3" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierraman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i agree, they look like they are pushed to the wheel instead of pushed toward the hood like they need to be. longer shocks look like they will fix the problem, IMO.

'93Yuke

Reaction score
I'd love to upgrade to the 6" lift and not even uncrank to 4" but leave it at 6" and put some 35s on but I just can't. I've wasted too much money on this lift alone, I don't even wanna think about putting another couple grand into a 6" lift.

This horrible experience with there lift, combined with the rust that just gets worse and worse has made me stop putting money into my tahoe mod-wise. All im gonna do is fix the small things like my driver side wiper, door locks, stuff like that and keep up on the rest of the maintenance. I'm over the 26s too. I wanted them with white spokes and a chrome lip but every painter is too afraid to paint them so I don't want them anymore. Having big all chrome rims ruined the look I was going for. I'm selling them when I take them off for winter and buying 33" BFG mud terrains for my Cragars and keeping those on year round.

You can buy some slef-etching primer in a spray can at most hardware stores, and i think wal-mart. just spray it where you want to paint your rims white, and then spray white over it. it will bind with the chrome and keep your paint from flaking off.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up buddie long time no talk..... figured id make a trip back and see how the forum is going still

for the rims if you want them painted all you need to do is sand wherever you want them painted with 400 grit and use an adhesion promotor then paint.... or you can hit them with 220 then etch prime scuff the primer then paint

as long as you aint power washing them i wouldnt worry bout it flaking off... just wash em with a hose so you dont even have to worry bout that

to be honest i dont use a pressure washer on ANY thing ive painted including my cars.... all hand washed with a hose

big'un

Reaction score
I know this is a older thread , but all my buddys have the keys on there trucks/hoes and they dont have any problems , i also think the PO of my hoe installed some keys on here and i dont have any problems .... Rough Country is some good stuff but as stated there shocks SUCK! i had some on my lifted f150 and took them off ...... sorry you had problems though..... also if you get your axles at Advance Auto Parts they have lifetime warranty.

djsnugtop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the rough country 2-3" lift is not at all needed when simple blocks and reindexed keys alone take its place for running up to a 33" tire

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction, cranking stock keys and using a block. OBS trucks typically have more than enough crank on them to go too far. If not the bars are shot

La rabona

Reaction score
i was thinking to get the rest of that kit,cause i have keys and blocks and i didn't really like it on my 98 2 door .....i think the shocks relocations been installed wrong.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,

Ok, so what do you all suggest?

Iam planing to do the 2 inch left on my stock 2dr tahoe 98

What is the best way?

I already have the Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks front and rear now what else?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
So i saw an updated kit and was wondering if the problems have been fixed? I kinda wanna get one since its more budget friendly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1