Stay Away From The 2-3" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,
Two problems!

1- how do I know that I am getting the new corrected kit?

2- what if I don't want the shocks?

Every kit should absolutely be the new corrected kit. It's not right for a business to put out somethign that is wrong if they have the corrected kit. I've talked to Rough Country a few times on the phone and to me their customer support is excellent. I wouldnt worry about the bad kit anymore, Rough Country is making a name for themselves.

JUst get the ones that come with the kit. or you can spend 100$ for their better shock. If it was me, i would get the kit with the cheap shocks and then buy some bilsteins or ranchos.

La rabona

Reaction score
I have it and don't have a problem.I cranked only before and i didn't like it so i bought the rest of lift (upper arms ad drop diff.) drives way better

Havoc2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone using this kit using steering stabilizers with it? Any experience with RC steering stabilizers and their upgraded shocks?

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get this kit a couple of months. I don't like going over 4" lifts and the RCX is way too expensive for 4". When I order should I get blocks or add a leaf and do they both lift it the same amount?

aj713

Reaction score
I was thinking of lifting my 95 2 door as well. What's the max lift I can go before I need new drive shafts, and what tire size should I use? I'm rarely going to go off road, but it could turn into a new past time for me. Thanx.

Sent by carrier pigeon

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of lifting my 95 2 door as well. What's the max lift I can go before I need new drive shafts, and what tire size should I use? I'm rarely going to go off road, but it could turn into a new past time for me. Thanx.

Sent by carrier pigeon

Typically 4 inches is max , Most lifts will specify wether a new Driveshaft is needed or not most 6 inch kits either come with one already or have one listed you can purchase

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the shorter wheel base of the 2 doors Donnie is correct. Another issue is the shaft is short and the driveline angle gets steep quick. My rear shaft needed an extra inch added in but I took the opportunity to add a rear CV shaft from Tom Woods. Front shaft was ok.

BIGFOOTDUDE1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I JUST BOUGHT A '98 TAHOE IT HAS A 4'' ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT WITH 35'' TIRES. OLD OWNER SAID ITS BEEN ON THERE OVER A YEAR AND NO PROBLEMS. I'VE BEEN DRIVING IT A WEEK AND AM AMAZED AT THE RIDE QUALITY. I HAD A 73 1 TON CHEVY BACK IN THE 80's WITH 4'' LIFT AND 36's THING RODE LIKE A TANK. JUST MY 2 CENTS. BIGFOOTDUDE1

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4" kit is a good kit, it is the same front kit as the six inch. That is why the price is so close between a RCX 4" or RCX 6". The difference is just a set of add-a-leafs. The 2-3" kit is a whole different story though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons