Stator shaft torx screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StayStoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I’m building my transmission and I can’t get the stator shaft torx screws to thread all the way in. I didn’t do anything but take them out and then realized I didn’t need to. When I went to put them in they went halfway and then got ungodly tight.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m building my transmission and I can’t get the stator shaft torx screws to thread all the way in. I didn’t do anything but take them out and then realized I didn’t need to. When I went to put them in they went halfway and then got ungodly tight.
Check for old thread locker on the threads and then check the threads in the stator support to see if they're partially stripped out (sometimes happens when stator bolts are removed) - assuming you haven't already done this...Otherwise, perhaps put a little WD40 on the threads and attempt to reinstall them...If still no luck, simply replace the stator/stator support assembly with another, compatible one.

OP
OP
S

StayStoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn’t think about the thread locker nglI sprayed em with wd40 and worked em back n forth until they went down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts