Starter issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the photos those “look” to be the right length bolts.

I have read where people unknowingly used the long ones that came with some direct drive starters and had to use spacers/washers to make up the gap. You’d know if you had those when trying a gear reduction starter - the threads would bottom out and the bolt head wouldn’t meet the starter.

How does your solenoid wire and ring terminal look? I’d wonder if the gear isn’t able to fully extend due to excessive voltage drop in your existing wire? What if you jump the solenoid, does the truck start?

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is the battery had to be charged so maybe it's not getting the right voltage . But I trickle charged it .

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the photos those “look” to be the right length bolts.

I have read where people unknowingly used the long ones that came with some direct drive starters and had to use spacers/washers to make up the gap. You’d know if you had those when trying a gear reduction starter - the threads would bottom out and the bolt head wouldn’t meet the starter.

How does your solenoid wire and ring terminal look? I’d wonder if the gear isn’t able to fully extend due to excessive voltage drop in your existing wire? What if you jump the solenoid, does the truck start?
I replaced the wire . And no it doesn't start at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts