Start up and Reverse Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Begno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Has anyone noticed a noise when walking up to the vehicle? Also, when putting into reverse, another noise like an adjustment or something. Not a loud clunk or anything. Just curious as to what those sounds could be.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take a video of the noise, upload it to youtube and then post the link in here
preferably a longer video than 5 seconds lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for reference some of the sounds you may hear are the fuel pump pre-charging, and air pump engaging if you have air ride

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that mine is full of those noises too when you approach it...it's it a bit strange all of that happens even if you're not in the car (if you just want to grab something out of the car you have to listen to that). It's not super annoying.

Does anyone know what all the clicks/clunks are if you sit inside the vehicle within 2-3 minutes of shutting it off? There's all kinds of noises that occur...guessing it's a bunch of relays or something, but never had that in a vehicle before either.

G-Frog

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Has anyone noticed a noise when walking up to the vehicle? Also, when putting into reverse, another noise like an adjustment or something. Not a loud clunk or anything. Just curious as to what those sounds could be.
I get the same thing when I get near my Yukon. Like others have said, it sounds like pumps priming vehicle getting ready for action. Only lasts a few seconds. I'll try and record a video later today.

Last edited:

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup same here. Feel like it's getting ready to transform into a giant robot on something...

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a diesel, it is the vehicle sensing the fob and igniting the glow plugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed