Stalled out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vettes980

Reaction score
Lol, same here! Not an expert on transmissions either. I just know coasting up and into my driveway in neutral still resulted in a stall numerous times, then after pouring in that snake oil on the recommendation from my trans shop it magically stopped it from stalling. My rig would stall like clockwork after so many minutes of driving everyday and since that trip to the trans shop it has staled once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hasn’t stalled once.

Alden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all I had a weird thing happen this morning. I have an 08 yukon xl denali and just to give background. I had recently had abs ad traction control issues that causes a limp mode. i thought I was going to have to change ecm. I tightened grounds on battery and truck runs great. well this morning I left for work as normal and while coming to a stop she stalled out. she wouldnt start back up. I called for a tow but thenI decided to try to start it again and turned the key and gave it gas and it roared to life. I drove it back home and it ran until I slowed down to pull into driveway and it stalled again. started up the same way by giving it gas and pulled the rest of the way up to property. truck sat there running great while I started other car and when I shut it off it started right back up. no check engine light at all. and only thing on dash is suspension system and service brakes soon. I recently changed caliper and I dont think I got all the air out which is why I believe the service brakes soon is on as the rotors and pads are new front and rear. anyway The stalling is what I am lost on. I replaced the fuel pump last year. I hope that is not the issue again.

Alden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all I had a weird thing happen this morning. I have an 08 yukon xl denali and just to give background. I had recently had abs ad traction control issues that causes a limp mode. i thought I was going to have to change ecm. I tightened grounds on battery and truck runs great. well this morning I left for work as normal and while coming to a stop she stalled out. she wouldnt start back up. I called for a tow but thenI decided to try to start it again and turned the key and gave it gas and it roared to life. I drove it back home and it ran until I slowed down to pull into driveway and it stalled again. started up the same way by giving it gas and pulled the rest of the way up to property. truck sat there running great while I started other car and when I shut it off it started right back up. no check engine light at all. and only thing on dash is suspension system and service brakes soon. I recently changed caliper and I dont think I got all the air out which is why I believe the service brakes soon is on as the rotors and pads are new front and rear. anyway The stalling is what I am lost on. I replaced the fuel pump last year. I hope that is not the issue again.
Sounds familiar. My 99 2door was doing same thing and ended up being fuel pump fuse under the hood.

OP
OP
T

Tatman48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magic fluid unstuck something. Wish it was always that easy.
I put that stuff in and mine hasn't stalled one time since I put it in. My fluid is not dark and is normal pinkish color and I know the filter hasn't been changed since I bought the truck. Possibly time for a new trans filter. But at 199k I am weary of a trans flush as I have heard that creates more problems. But so far that additive has helped. I was switching to tow haul mode as I slowed to a stop which kept me from stalling as well.

vettes980

Reaction score
I put that stuff in and mine hasn't stalled one time since I put it in. My fluid is not dark and is normal pinkish color and I know the filter hasn't been changed since I bought the truck. Possibly time for a new trans filter. But at 199k I am weary of a trans flush as I have heard that creates more problems. But so far that additive has helped. I was switching to tow haul mode as I slowed to a stop which kept me from stalling as well.
How’s the stalling issue?

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 2nd one after vettes980 , the symptom in this thread is mostly related to transmission shift, locked torque converter solenoid or other speed shift solenoid, except "N".

The following solution may apply:

1) Install an external auxiliary transmission cooler
2) Drop transmission pan, replace filter and ATF fluid with synthetic one.
3) Add ATF modification, like vettes980 did, or use Lube Guard ATF Protectant

The similar issue happened among 2009 Dodge/Chrysler minivan, the engine stalled after getting off hi-way and at at stoplights. There was a TSB issued to replace solenoid pack.

Similar symptom threads:

2007 Denali hot stall:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-denali-hot-stall.26430/page-3

2007 GMC Denali stalls after towing:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2007-gmc-denali-stalls-after-towing.73312/

Stalled out:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/stalled-out.117045/

Torque converter stays locked up, either from a failing TC or the solenoids or the valve body controlling it. Try a bottle of this before you do anything. This is the cheapest thing you can do. And search this formum for my issue. I’ve documented my issues pretty extensively and I had the same symptoms. Including the crappy feeling you have right now with someone telling you have a failing trans. df72d19a92e3ca79e8f2cf46b868966b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157