'07 Denali hot stall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaime Richards

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve experienced the same issue for 2 years now, problem is exacerbating. Used to only do it while under load, now doing it after anytime I drive it. Fearing I need to dump it as I can’t drive it without it stalling and taking 20 minutes to restart, any solutions found???

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve experienced the same issue for 2 years now, problem is exacerbating. Used to only do it while under load, now doing it after anytime I drive it. Fearing I need to dump it as I can’t drive it without it stalling and taking 20 minutes to restart, any solutions found???
Octane rating of fuel used? and station

yeah not required with the 6.2 but

If the vehicle has the 6.2L V8 engine (VIN Code 2), use premium unleaded gasoline with a posted octane rating of 91 or higher. You can also use regular unleaded gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're problem is the tcc solenoid. Just change the valve body and you should be good.

iblock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 GMC Yukon Denali - same issue!!! 3rd time its been at the shop and keep leaving empty handed.

No one seems to have had any luck on this forum.... Not sure what to do about the issue?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Ah, thermal issues. It’s been long enough in an 07 to have the plastic wrap in the harnesses under the hood degrade. That means micro cracking in the under hood wiring can occur.

Engine control modules can get funky too. As the motor warms up the solder joint, wire or harness connector expands, separates and creates an open circuit. Good call on replacing the crank position sensor, bummer that was not it.

Anyone check for spark after their engine dies? I wonder if this will be a symptom of a bad ignition switch or anti theft holding back power to the ignition.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/repairpal.com/no-start-due-to-anti-theft-system-failure-505.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmschoen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info on resolving these issues. My 2007 Yukon XL Denali is doing the same thing. Runs great down the highway. Pull off to exit and it will die. Sometimes I can restart it by pushing the pedal all the way to the floor. Other times it needs to sit 30 mins.

BMartinez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with this? I am having the same problem with no luck at resolution.

vettes980

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with this? I am having the same problem with no luck at resolution.
I had the hot stall issue when coming to a stop. Mine was the transmission, I added a bottle of this stuff and it corrected my issue. I’m now planning on a trans service and another bottle of this oil and see how long it takes me. I chased this problem for three months. No codes ever on my 07 Denali. Replaced crank and cam sensor, fuel pump and VVT solenoid and none of it worked until my local trans shop suggested the oil 0113f960db34cd74902787a62a36e569.jpg

d3adpool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the hot stall issue when coming to a stop. Mine was the transmission, I added a bottle of this stuff and it corrected my issue. I’m now planning on a trans service and another bottle of this oil and see how long it takes me. I chased this problem for three months. No codes ever on my 07 Denali. Replaced crank and cam sensor, fuel pump and VVT solenoid and none of it worked until my local trans shop suggested the oil 0113f960db34cd74902787a62a36e569.jpg

Was one of your symptoms having to wait about 35 minutes before it would restart?