Squeaky Noise?! 8 Hour Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coachlisle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe Premier 4WD.

3 months ago I had the front driver wheel bearing go out and got replaced.

Today (the day before an 8 hour drive up to the mountains)

I noticed a loud squeaking nose off and on in the front left wheel. It’s not when it’s braking. It does make the noise when you turn the wheel. It’s off and on and just makes the noise cruising at all speed's.

Attached is too short videos so you can hear it. I don’t think it’s a wheel bearing.

Could be front brake backing plates rubbing on a brake rotor.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. A little worried about taking the whole family and dog on a 600 mile drive with it tomorrow.

Sound Videos.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds brake related with the rotational frequency. If you're mechanically inclined, pull off the wheel and inspect the brakes. It could be as you suspected - a backing plate making noise. It could also be something stuck between that and the rotor. Or, maybe your brake pad is down to the sqealer and it's time for new brakes.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum. <=> @B-train

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts