Squeaking control arms????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new lower ball joint on passenger side and replaced whole control arm on driver. Here lately. Dont kno if it's cold weather they are squeaking bad. Going over speed bumps an stuff. I loosened the bolts and torqued them to the proper spec while under load. Still. Same thing. Sprayed lithium in there an everything. am I missing something or is it just from the cold weather. seems the new one that has the new bushings is the one Making all the noise. I've checked everything else. Everything is new except upper a arms which I'm also bout to replace. Sway bar links are new to.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock rubber bushings or polyurethane in that new arm? What brand? Did you grease the ball joint (if greasable)?

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done all that. Moog everything. Greased an cleaned before install an grease all components every oil change. Just a squirt or 2. I'm **** about my Tahoe. So that's why it's weird Wondering if it's not my uppers. There the only things that havent been changed an bout to do that soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts