SQ Audio Upgrades Part Deux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiglilRudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get the battery secured in your setup? I Want to add the D3400 in my Tahoe also just want to make sure everything will go in together before I drop the $.

Both of my batteries are under my back seat. I'm running my sound system off one and everything else from the other one.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And then there’s this I’ve run a Sony RSX-GS9 hi res music media player for 4 years. Amazing Sound Quality but using my iPhone for screen display and maps finally beat out pure SQ.

I swapped it out for a Kenwood 1057XR with the 10.1” floating touchscreen. Best touchscreen out imo. There’s zero glare from any direction, 1280 x 700 pixels full 13 band eq for anyone not running a Dsp and will play my hi res audio files. Very happy with it so far.

5C1D6789-6C78-45A1-9193-67696E71F409.jpeg CF7E3EF4-339C-460A-9AA6-352655EB2BB4.jpeg 39532B13-E9D2-4140-9962-C4AB8F8EAA5C.jpeg 06640EFB-29B7-468C-8F92-CB0F36F71E6B.jpeg

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very, very nice. The floating display is a game changer for the interior. While I have only so far added an Alpine Halo 9, I very much dig what you have done and just debating what to upgrade next. Currently thinking StealthBox first...

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the custom build options from MTI acoustics- basic to as crazy custom as you can imagine! I saw the JL stealth box was around 999.00 roughly- you’ve got options in same ballpark.

MTIaccoustics.com is the site but they’re on fb and IG as well. Always straight forward with me on any quotes for stuff I got.

They have bunch of photos of their work and some subwoofer enclosures Tahoe’s Yukon’s and trucks over. They ship all over the us I know. Some guys shipped a pillars to them for speaker fabrication I saw on there too! (I get zero from this shop btw just love everything they have built for me) plus pics of some crazy cool work on trucks and SUV’s.

Last edited:

B2sdad

Reaction score
Check out the custom build options for around the same price as a stealth box thru MTIaccoustics.com

these guys have build several subwoofer enclosures for my Yukon Denali over the years. They ship all over the us I know. Some guys shipped a pillars to them for speaker fabrication I saw on there too! (I get zero from this shop btw just love everything they have built for me) plus pics of some crazy cool work on trucks and SUV’s.
I agree, they do great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out the custom build options from MTI acoustics- basic to as crazy custom as you can imagine! I saw the JL stealth box was around 999.00 roughly- you’ve got options in same ballpark.

MTIaccoustics.com is the site but they’re on fb and IG as well. Always straight forward with me on any quotes for stuff I got.

They have bunch of photos of their work and some subwoofer enclosures Tahoe’s Yukon’s and trucks over. They ship all over the us I know. Some guys shipped a pillars to them for speaker fabrication I saw on there too! (I get zero from this shop btw just love everything they have built for me) plus pics of some crazy cool work on trucks and SUV’s.

Will do and thanks for the link. Indeed the price relative to driver quality makes me reticent to pull the trigger. That said, it is still pretty decent and JL is quite good at enclosures. At least back when I had a 12W7 ProWedge, I was quite pleased all around as I dig sealed boxes.

However, seeing as you fellas seriously ain’t messing around, the idea of a much higher quality driver with a custom enclosure seems the way.

OP
OP
Denaliz

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen their work on standard enclosures all the way up to custom stitched plexiglass led side options. I’m in DFW but make the 3 hour drive to them based on the quality of work and how easy it was for me to get it all done via fb messenger and text.
Very, very nice. The floating display is a game changer for the interior. While I have only so far added an Alpine Halo 9, I very much dig what you have done and just debating what to upgrade next. Currently thinking StealthBox first...
Will do and thanks for the link. Indeed the price relative to driver quality makes me reticent to pull the trigger. That said, it is still pretty decent and JL is quite good at enclosures. At least back when I had a 12W7 ProWedge, I was quite pleased all around as I dig sealed boxes.

However, seeing as you fellas seriously ain’t messing around, the idea of a much higher quality driver with a custom enclosure seems the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts