sPOD install 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Posting this to try to gauge interest in whether or not people would like to see a write up on how I'm going to install my sPOD in my 2017 Yukon Denali. For those unfamiliar to the sPOD it's basically a power distribution block and switch panel for accessories like light bars or other auxiliary items. Popular in the jeep and off-road community. It was installed in my now sold 2017 Sierra 1500. I don't see much information on off-road style auxiliary switches other than single toggle switches. If there's enough interest I'll document how I went about the install.

spod2.png

Switch panel mocked up where I'll be placing it in the suv. Not wired yet.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you plan to make it hidden when not needed ?

I like the idea, but I would prefer it hidden if chosen.

Nice write ups are always welcome.

OP
OP
Cody W

Cody W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you plan to make it hidden when not needed ?

I like the idea, but I would prefer it hidden if chosen.

Nice write ups are always welcome.

Without disconnecting the switch panel, no. This switch panel is run with a single ethernet cable and will be mounted using Ram mount hardware. With a simple twist of the locking mechanism and disconnecting the cable, the panel can be removed and stored away if you are concerned about theft. The switch panel is too big to be mounted inside the pocket area to be able to use the cover.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes please document the install and explain more about the sPOD, how it works, functions etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211