Speed sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Ok. When I hit a bump, or take a hard corner, the speedometer goes to zero, the tranny shifts, and the ABS kicks in. This is moderately terrifying. I'm going to disco the ABS before I drive it again, because I should've a long time ago anyways with my uber tires. But that won't fix it.

I think it's the speed sensor. Where does this go from the tranny, and where should I bug shoot the little bastard? Any other ideas?

Thanks.
:drunk:

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I have this problem and still have not found a fix. Mine does the same thing when I use my cruise after awhile... I replaced my speed sensor and have not used cruise and so far have had no problems as of yet......

Let me know if you find the problem..

OP
OP
ravingmadman

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I pulled the ABS fuse under the hood this morning before leaving, and had no issues for the entire commute. I am not sure if my truck is just behaving because I'm willing to rip it's teeth out or not, and I don't know why that would have solved it, but so far that's where I'm at... And I have the same problem with the cruise control cutting out when the speedometer hiccups. Pretty lame. I'll keep you posted.

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea please do because maybe it is my abs and not my cruise control..

OP
OP
ravingmadman

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Ok, So after pulling the ABS fuse (32V 60A Blue one under the hood), I haven't had any problems with the ABS, the speedometer "tick," or the cruise control cutting out. I'm going to reinstall the fuse tonight for the commute home, and see if the symptoms come back. If they do, I'll know where to look.

FWIW, after pulling the ABS fuse, it feels like it is shifting smoother in the 40-50MPH range, right in the transition from 4th to 5th. It used to shudder a little if I weren't on the gas, and now it won't do it. I'll be checking for that too with the reinstallation of the fuse.

OP
OP
ravingmadman

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Ok, I put the fuse back several days ago, or whenever I last posted on this thread, and haven't had a repro since. It is also 30 degrees warmer, and very wet. We should have some cooler temps soon, and I'll be able to get a good repro environment. So either it was the fuse itself (HIGHLY unlikely), or things just loosen up when it is cold (much more likely). I'll keep bumping this thread as I learn more.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also had a similar issue. ABS wold kick on around 5 mph or so I yanked the fuse for the whoole year until recently, no problems since. Does the ABS reset? I think I have a bad speed sensor just not sure which one. In all honesty I don't care. Once it warms up...my fuse comes back out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar