Speaker size help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried checking Crutchfields but I was still left with some questions. I have an 09 z71 factory non-Bose, non-nav setup. I know the front door accommodate 6.5" and the rear doors can accommodate 5.25" to 6.5". But it looks like there are speakers in the A-pillars. Are those tweeters? If so what size and is there a crossover? Also, it looks like there are some speakers in the D-pillars in the rear. What sizes are those? 8 speakers total sound right? Thanks!

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you replacing the speakers and the deck? If you are only doing the speakers then let me know how it sounds. I feel the stock set up sounds fine at low to mid volume but not when you crank it up. If a speaker upgrade makes it sound better I might go that route as well.

gibsonm21

Reaction score
The size of the tweeters in the A pillar is 1 1/2 inches in diameter. The speakers in the D pillar is 3 1/2 inches, and your rear doors are definitely 6 1/2(or 6 3/4). You will have a hard time finding tweeters where you won't have to trim down the tweeter housing.

Also, assuming you want to keep your factory HU, you will want to look in to getting a signal processor or else you will still have to deal with a crap sound at loud volumes due to factory eq settings. Also, Do yourself a favor and amp your speakers(you will have to amp them if you get a Sig pro).

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you get a matched component set, it will come with the mid/tweeter crossover already supplied

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyJoe96

Latest posts