Sound deadening/ general system build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the depillars today the speakers I ordered are supposed to be a perfect fit and they are not but they are matched to the other six speakers I need to replace the second passenger side door so I'll be waiting to do that until after body work for now 6 speakers replaced

View attachment 253060 View attachment 253061
There’s no direct replacement speakers for our D pillars due to the oddball size, they always require some sort of modification to make something fit.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no direct replacement speakers for our D pillars due to the oddball size, they always require some sort of modification to make something fit.
Yeah that makes sense it's weird the way it was mounted to the trim I've only ever seen tweeters done that way as you can see from the pictures I figured something out that works

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I was going to do something at one point but decided I can’t hear them way back there anyway especially with a 10” JL sub in a Thunderform enclosure right there in the rear panel.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One USB port plugs into the back of the head unit the other two are just for charging powered from the cigarette lighter which now holds the subwoofer volume
The two for charging light up blue and that should add a nice glow

20200723_163135.jpg 20200723_163046.jpg

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and then I had to move the double USB port because the structure behind it didn't allow for clearance but I need to take the whole thing apart again whenever the vinyl wrap shows up I finally found somebody that has Denali pattern vinyl wrap

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and then I had to move the double USB port because the structure behind it didn't allow for clearance but I need to take the whole thing apart again whenever the vinyl wrap shows up I finally found somebody that has Denali pattern vinyl wrap
Why not cut whatever is behind it, is it something important? I’m always getting my angle grinder or my Dremel out. There’s so much unneeded metal lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried not to cut things anymore cutting the back of the little cubby holes not a big deal I'll have to redo it when the vinyl wrap shows up so it works

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a pretty good video. I might get a bit more serious about sound deadening in my Silverado. I did a halfway decent job the first time around but just on the inner sheet metal. Then I ended up having to remove and reinstall it when I did an LTZ interior conversion so it needs some TLC plus I wouldn’t mind doing the multilayer method. That material is expensive though.
CLD tiles, CCF, and MLV isnt crazy expensive, especially not compared to some of the mods you've done! It can get very time consuming though.

If you can source MLV locally you can save a lot of dough. I work in construction and came up with a big roll of MLV for free. Its heavy so shipping kills ya.

I did CLD,CCF,MLV on the floor and back wall of my 94 and CLD,CCF on the doors and roof. Huge difference in that little truck. I need to do a little better on the doors, but otherwise now all I can really hear is how leaky all the seals are on the freeway and air whooshing over the cab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bassknocks