Sorry, but i Need to get this exhasut right!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Memphis87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 tahoe, and was wondering what size for the inlets and outlets i should get when i replace the muffler with a new magnaflow 12589, im not sure if they changed anything from the 07-08's to the 09+'s so just need to make sure before i purchase. And also does it mater for inlet/outlet location, center/center, or center/offset. Resonator will be deleted as well with the SLP delete kit. Thanks Guys

07whitetahoe

Reaction score
That should be the right muffler, although factory pipes are 2.75". You will need adaptors 2.75 ID to 3" OD for front and rear of muffler. Not much of a gap, but will probably leak if you clamp it. If you are welding, you can probably fill the gap if you are an experienced welder. AFA muffler offset, leave the pipes in the hangers, and slide the muffler in place and adjust until the hangers sit level. I am figuring you will need the offset in front and the center out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700