Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Social media killed most of the smaller forums, HPJ is still there but its pretty much dead.

Yup, I do have factory housings. Actually they are $100 Amazon headlights, these Tahoe headlights from them have been pretty good quality. No issues with leaking or moisture at all.

Come to think about it, I might just go ahead and make a thread in the Electronics forum giving my opinion and feedback, with some pics. Lots of folks still have questions about LED's and what path to take, I can throw in my own personal findings to add to the options. I think LED's are going to be fine in these housings, from a drivers standpoint and for passengers/oncoming traffic, since there still hasn't been a single issue.

That's true, social media is getting a little outta and nowadays. Though I'm pretty fond of Instagram haha.
That's a good deal. I ended up getting GM housings a couple of years ago after mine were frost white haha.
I'll keep my eyes open for that thread

The beam pattern looks good.

I'm actually surprised there aren't 812430420432 eyes lit up in the picture, from my spider problem in the garage. :eek: :lol:

Love the vette, so clean.
Hahaha, Since we moved to the coast, our spider problem isn't nearly as bad as it was in Clayton. It was terrible out there. Like said, knock one web out and two or three more showed up, it was crazy. Big suckers too. It was the same when we lived in Cary to.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I order a vinyl kit from RVinyl to wrap my dash trim with. I picked up a maple dash plate with vents, which actually fit well since it has brushed aluminum around the vents.

My dash plate and radio bezel had some hits, and it bothered me enough to spend the $50 for the vinyl kit, even though I only wanted to wrap the dash plate and radio bezel.

20180829_192513.jpg 20180829_184853.jpg 20180829_184846.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really liked the vinyl finish, it was brushed gunmetal. I cleaned up my radio bezel really well, and got to work.

I'm glad I started with the radio bezel, as I found the fitment not the best. I used soapy water to seat the vinyl in place, and was really disappointed in the fitment. Needless to say, I stopped where I was at. I've actually requested a return from the vendor, which they quickly accepted through Amazon.

I'll just end up getting a maple bezel and being happy with that route.

_20180902_123215.JPG _20180902_123237.JPG _20180902_123152.JPG

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per a request in my LED/stock headlight assembly thread, some folks asked if I would put a halogen back in at least one side and get some comparison pics. I posted a bunch more in the thread, but here is one from about 25 feet out and 3ft high. About the desired height of the top of your beam, to not blind the car in front of you by hitting their side view mirrors. The LED is doing so much work, the halogen just looks "on". :confused:

20180904_194903.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157