Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darren, I just replaced my DRL what a pain in the ass, who is the moron that designed that, he must of graduated at the bottom of his class, or he is taking kickbacks from flat rate technicians. Damm near had to remove the front bumper to get enough room to get my hand in there. I couldn't find a youtube video that covers that. My Caddy CTS isn't any better, must be the same dumbass engineer.

Whenever i have to change a bulb on mine i pull the bumper, ive had it off a few dozen times when I mounted my plow so its pretty fast for me. Yes Roger, i agree... id like to strangle that moron...
Since replacing my headlights with new assemblies, I left out the screw that is accessed under the front fenderwells. When I need to replace a bulb or just pull the assembly out for easier access I pull the 2 small screws and plastic rivets from the lower front inner fenders, the 7-8 bolts along the topside of the grill, and the two front bolts that hold the assembly in on each side. I can easily pull the headlight out without fully removing the bump, its just pulled out enough to get the headlight assembly out with ease.

Needless to say that method has come in handy for bulb replacement and putting these LED's in. Never had a problem with those 3rd bolts not being installed.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the grill in. Watched a couple of videos and learned from other people's mistakes on how to get it out the easiest. In about 10 minutes I had the top and bottom grill out.

I read some mixed feedback on this grill set. One thing I saw in one of the videos where a kid installed this same grill, he had to trim some tabs that comes on the new upper grill. I had to do the same, but fitment was great. The bottom snaps right in, the top fits right in the slot and bolts right up.

My only complaint, the bowtie mount the grill comes with is chrome??? I didn't read that in the description, worst case I'll just sand/prime/paint. I'll post up more pics when the bowtie is up and the truck is clean. LRM_EXPORT_55274196799457_20190611_210234183.jpeg LRM_EXPORT_55377262075980_20190611_210417248.jpeg

PPV-Monster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sand/prime/paint (lots of work), either use vinyl overlay or plastidip, same thing can be done with the original chrome grill.
There are some cool overlays for the bowtie, such as usa or states flags!

View attachment 224712

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sand/prime/paint (lots of work), either use vinyl overlay or plastidip, same thing can be done with the original chrome grill.
There are some cool overlays for the bowtie, such as usa or states flags!
View attachment 224712
I could have PlastiDip'd the grill too, but wanted something that would last and be worry-free with cleaning bugs and road debris. Plus this grill said it was matte black, but its gloss. No biggie, and sanding/priming/painting the small bowtie mount wouldn't take that long either. Take my word, I've been a PlastiDip user for about 9 years now.......before the craze. :)
I left the chrome part off an bolted bowtie right to bumper... 2 years going strongView attachment 224714
That looks good! I think I'll toss mine on in the morning and see how I like it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Galante , I never even considered putting the bowtie on without the trim underneath. Tossed it on this morning and think I'll be happy with it, unless I grab a black billet one like it appears you have.
View attachment 224748
No problem, i like how it sits proud of the grill/bumper... only thing is drying it after washing, towels tend to get caught but other than that i like.
Looks good on silver, mine blends too much i feel but meh whatever....
Yes billet front rear off of ebay.