Something is clicking under the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 97 Yukon I rescued from underneath an oak tree a while back. It's been running and driving fine, but it recently started making a clicking noise, something like a type writer or telegraph type clicking noise. Everything seems to be working. Seems to only do it under acceleration, and it is inconsistent. Maybe a relay, or switch. Anyone else deal with this?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding to the above...

Is the trip odometer sticking when rolling over the 9 in the tenths position? It’s a surprisingly annoying sound.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a relay tripping possibly aftermarket lights,horns, or something grounding out near accelerator pedal? Did you look? did you turn on the ignition and go under the dash and give it the old wiggle test

jakcol997

Reaction score
Multifunction switch have a bad ground???? Mines making a clicking noise as well. Figured it’s time to replace it anyways!

alpinecrick

Reaction score
Another possibility is the parking brake is just barely engaging the DRL shutoff. In the past when I have engaged the parking brake, say only one click, the shutoff switch will buzz or sometimes click. Pushing the parking brake down a few clicks and see if it stops clicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne