Somebody in the Dallas area help me? Flashing check engine!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings TYF family. . Well let me make it short and simple. I got a FLASHING engine light ONLY when I accelerate otherwise it just stays on. So far here is what I have done..

-Replaced coils 1 & 8 (they were missing)
-Full tune up (plugs, wires)
-Replaced 2 new catylac converters
-New fuel filter

Couple things I noticed
-Every mechanic I've been to all overcharge the hell put of me (one try to charge me $60 to replace 2 coils lol)
-She sometimes turns off while driving when the temp gets a little warmer and will take a couple mins to restart but turns on fine after that.
-WOT a lot better when cold. RPM's go up when it's warm outside but truck won't take off.
-Checked the fuel pump pressure and I believe it was at 48.. from what one of the mechanics told me..so guessing it's still healthy???

Only mods I have is Airaid CAI.. I've washed the filter before, it's about a year old now. Not sure if it's oil or not, not even sure how that works. How often you replace the filter?

Well guys I'm looking for some help here. Maybe on this thread or maybe somebody out there around Dallas, TX area. Willing to send somebody a gift card if they can help me fix this.!!

Me and my wife just had our third baby last Saturday (FINALLY a boy!!!!!!:-D, No more lol) and she is going to be driving the Yukon and I need it to be running right with no issues. I don't want her stranded with the kids somewhere.

Please help me,

Antonio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first put your factory intake back on CAI's lean out your mix to much
when you turn on your key dont start the engine just to on you should here the wine of the fuel pump they tend to stop working intermittantly
also always check to make sure your batterys good ive seen all kinda wierd problems arrise from a bad or going bad battery

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do hear the fuel pump at choke. Battery is Interstate and it's only about 4 months old.

Maybe I would try factory intake..

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you scanned it for codes?

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. All I got is Random misfire from all cylinders, vacuum leak, and running too rich or too lean. Autozone

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was this after replacing parts?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes any specific codes would help narrow the issue down a bit
when you put the factory intake back on disconnect the battery for like 5 min this will clear any codes and reset the PCM it may run a little funny and shift odd for bit that is becuase the PCM is re learning your driving habits

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

even though the battery is 4 months old check it anyway wait for the surface charge to wear off and make sure its at about 12.6 volts or in that neighborhood

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

an what parts did you replace and then this happened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo