Somebody in the Dallas area help me? Flashing check engine!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It already had a check engine light on and I though a tune up would solve the problem. I'll take the truck today and give you guys the codes.. I'll also try and make a video. Not sure how to post it here. But I'll try so you guys can see.

It shakes a lot when just idling especially when in drive and I release the brakes. Exhaust makes a sound. Once I drive it seems smooth again. Just at idle or stop signs, red lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like it is not getting enough air at idle. Maybe dirty or possibly bad mass air flow sensor?

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend ordering a $15 Bluetooth scanner and buying the Torque app for your Android phone. It scans and can clear the codes. It even gives you links to to possible causes of unusual issues (like bad battery causing sensor error).

If you do this you can actually watch your computer as you drive and figure it out as you go.

This helps a lot.

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got a flashing cel I would also lose power. Had a cat fail it was also causing a random misfire. As everyone said what ever is causing it is leaning out the mixture, which is what I belive caused my headgasket to let go. Very easy to check cats remove nearest 02 sensor thread in gauge idle truck at 2k. I have the specifics in a thread titled bad cats options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!

OP
OP
PwtrSS_OakCliff

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like it is not getting enough air at idle. Maybe dirty or possibly bad mass air flow sensor?

I cleaned the throttle body with throttle bottle cleaner but no luck. Maybe a bad MAF?
I could buy one and see if it helps. $140 range.

I recommend ordering a $15 Bluetooth scanner and buying the Torque app for your Android phone. It scans and can clear the codes. It even gives you links to to possible causes of unusual issues (like bad battery causing sensor error).

If you do this you can actually watch your computer as you drive and figure it out as you go.

This helps a lot.

I already down loaded the app. Where do you buy the scanner?

Im going to have to agree here, or maybe a bad Idle Air control valve?

where exactly is this located?

When I got a flashing cel I would also lose power. Had a cat fail it was also causing a random misfire. As everyone said what ever is causing it is leaning out the mixture, which is what I belive caused my headgasket to let go. Very easy to check cats remove nearest 02 sensor thread in gauge idle truck at 2k. I have the specifics in a thread titled bad cats options.

I already have 2 brand new cats that hot replaced about 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Excuse my grammar the iPhone makes me iStupid!

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Dropping of my daughter at school so I'll swing by autozone and see what codes I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo