[SOLVED] Fast blinking after Turn Signal LED bulb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Staines

Reaction score
I wonder if it could be a light sensor issue. At start up, my headlights always come on and stay on even during the day. The only time they go off is if do the 4x push of the dome override switch. Not sure how easy those are to replace. Would like to remove the easy variable before I start cutting electrical wires of those sockets.

If your headlights are on, your day time running lights won't turn on.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, the first few times I thought the light was in, but it wasnt. It will actually "click" once it is seated properly. I have tried during the day, up against my garage door, in Drive and no difference. And yes, they are SUPER brittle!

I wonder if it could be a light sensor issue. At start up, my headlights always come on and stay on even during the day. The only time they go off is if do the 4x push of the dome override switch. Not sure how easy those are to replace. Would like to remove the easy variable before I start cutting electrical wires of those sockets.

Thank you for the link on the relay. It led me to one for my truck. It's only $8 so I will give it a try for the Hyper-flashing.
I could simply be your LEDs are sensitive to polarity. You could flip them 180 degrees and they'd work.

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a good suggestion and I tried it. No change. I watched a YouTube video of a guy change out his ambient light sensor. He said he did it because his headlights ran all the time and assumed it was bad. Sure enough, after the change, the headlights did not come on during the day. I have the same problem however I assumed that if I hit the dome override 4x and turned off the headlights, the DRLs would come on (during the day and while in Drive). Nope... so we'll see.

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting back to the HyperFLashing... I stopped by AutoZone to purchase an LED Electronic Flasher Relay (EP28 or EP29). The salesman said that wouldnt do a thing and said only splicing in resistors would solve the issue. Amazon on the other hand had plenty of customers that said this device solved their issue. It is located under the dash and the stock one does not support LED only incandescent. Unfortunately, you need to compare the one in your vehicle to know if you need EP28 or EP29 as they dont both fit the same slot.

Anyone have any experience with this? Again on a 2002 Tahoe. The Novita LM487 doesnt fit my vehicle.

David Staines

Reaction score
Pull your flasher and count the posts. It is an EP28 or EP29. EP28 is 3 pin. EP29 is 4 pin. You are over-complicating this and it's more than likely the AutoZone guy didn't really know what he was talking about. I have the EP29 in my 2001 LT and it fixed hyperflashing. If I type "EP28 Flasher" into Amazon, it is advertised as a fix for hyperflashing.

https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Electronic-LED-Hyper-Fix/dp/B01J2LBZ2Y
https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Flasher-EP29-EP29N-Signal/dp/B07JNM7N7C/

I know for a fact that you don't have to splice in a resistor when you use these relays. The only thing you really need to splice resistors in for is the LED brake lights if you want your cruise control to work.

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
I did all LED's in the front this weekend, and came across the hyperflash issue. So I ordered the load resistors. Didn't know there was a LED blinker relay that could be installed instead. TBH, both are equally easy to do. So it's really 6 of one, half dozen of the other, whichever route you chose. I ordered the load resistors and will put them in this weekend.

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the Flash Relay in the other day and solved the HyperFlash issue. No worries regarding reverse lights or cruise control as I replaced the whole rear light assembly a while back. I'm guessing they came with resistors built in to the assembly cause they're LED.

Getting to the ambient light sensor to attempt to solve the "always on headlights" issue was a no-go. Even through the back of the radio opening it's impossible to reach. There's a bracket that prevents me reaching it from underneath the dash (which you have to do apparently). Oh well, head lights just stay on. I can always hit the dome light 4x if I need them off for some reason.

Enrique Castillo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the Flash Relay in the other day and solved the HyperFlash issue. No worries regarding reverse lights or cruise control as I replaced the whole rear light assembly a while back. I'm guessing they came with resistors built in to the assembly cause they're LED.

Getting to the ambient light sensor to attempt to solve the "always on headlights" issue was a no-go. Even through the back of the radio opening it's impossible to reach. There's a bracket that prevents me reaching it from underneath the dash (which you have to do apparently). Oh well, head lights just stay on. I can always hit the dome light 4x if I need them off for some reason.

Hey thanks for the flasher idea. I have already replaced the switch and today replaced the ambient sensor through the radio. Not easy! 300 cuts in my hands later I got it in. Lights are still on all the time and the switch does nothing. All relays are good. Don't know what else keeps those lights on?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash switch?
Hey thanks for the flasher idea. I have already replaced the switch and today replaced the ambient sensor through the radio. Not easy! 300 cuts in my hands later I got it in. Lights are still on all the time and the switch does nothing. All relays are good. Don't know what else keeps those lights on?
The dash switch?

Enrique Castillo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sensor worked I guess it was too cloudy yesterday. This morning the switch was working. BUT my DRLs still don't work. I need t lo check for continuity to make sure it's not my brand new bulbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt