[Solved] Dash Lights went out - 2005 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night driving home I noticed that all my dash lights went out. The cluster still working and the warning lights still work. The LED screen in the cluster and the HVAC still work so I think it’s the illumination circuit. Ive been looking and don’t see an illumination fuse. Is it tied in to the IP/DIC circuit?

I’ve also swapped in a known good headlight switch with no change.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back to the truck with a flashlight and pliers, started pulling fuses and found that “TBC 2A” 15a fuse was blown. This one is in the interior fuse block on the Drivers side of the dash. Swapped a new one in and we’re good to go. Adding a screen cap that has the fuse highlighted for anyone in the future.

14B99E99-DF12-4E8D-9EA6-E3B6E8EB6E1E.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Strange that it would blow for no reason. How did the female connectors look? Did the fuse push in good and tight?

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that it would blow for no reason. How did the female connectors look? Did the fuse push in good and tight?
I agree, I'm going to open up the headlight switch and see if I can see anything. I did an LED swap a year or so ago . Not sure if an LED leg broke off and caused an issue. The socket for the fuse is in good shape.

Grandpalecea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night driving home I noticed that all my dash lights went out. The cluster still working and the warning lights still work. The LED screen in the cluster and the HVAC still work so I think it’s the illumination circuit. Ive been looking and don’t see an illumination fuse. Is it tied in to the IP/DIC circuit?

I’ve also swapped in a known good headlight switch with no change.
Sounds like I might have the same problem except that if I move the dashboard illumination wheel to the side, the dashboard brightens up. I think it has been referred to as a rheostat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore