So this is what it's like to have a 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rb5064

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Denali here. What’s not to like about 420 HP, 460# torque and 21 mpg on road trips? I tow a lot with mine (almost 100 miles towing the boat yesterday) and the extra power is really appreciated on on-ramps.

I wouldn’t say no to beefier brakes though.
21 mpg?!? I drive all highway and can’t get better than 16 mpg. 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD 5.3.

Boatguy

Reaction score
21 mpg?!? I drive all highway and can’t get better than 16 mpg. 2015 Tahoe LT 4WD 5.3.
Yup. Our last road trip on the Yukon was LA to Tahoe and back. That included a week of putting around in 4WD in the snow. Same on trips to Oregon. Cruise is set to 80 on the straight stuff—except in Oregon where we only speed a little. Most of the Yukon’s miles is towing a 5K boat. There it gets 13 mpg.

Edit: Last Oregon trip. 22.7 mpg overall.

Attachments

• IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Power: for various reasons I sold my BMW 650i (4.8 V8) that shared duties with my RST 6.2L and purchased a RAV4. After driving the Rav for a few days and then getting into the Hoe, I cannot express how big my grin is and makes me question why I was considering a Whipple/Eaton SC. This thing is a beast and plenty fast given its size and CG.

Mileage: flat towed an older Wrangler from Central Florida to Twentynine Palms CA in Feb which included mountains, wind/snow storms, all of the hotel/food/gas stops, and it showed 14.9mpg once we arrived. Return trip went thru AZ (Sedona/Grand Canyon) and after getting back to FL, it indicated 20.7mpg.

Trust me, I wasn't exactly nursing it either direction. Had I taken it easy, I'm sure it would've been between 22-23 for the return trip and this would've been consistent with C&D's testing results. My rationale; 6.2L, 10spd, 2wd w/3.23 final drive ratio- at some point the lift/thrust/drag has to be factored when a bigger engine is working less for the same workload lol.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tanda35 I'm not sure why they stopped doing that, there certainly is still a "red line" there in the computer but they stopped painting them on the gauges.

Nautilus571

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put it tow mode to get the best acceleration off the line. I have a '19 Sierra Denali with the Borla cat back package and a CIA air intake... OMG what a difference those two make. Never had it measured but I am sure I am pushing close to 445-450 hp. Love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts