Snow Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What size and what brand snow tires are you guys in the northern climates running? Have you noticed any difference between running a thinner or thicker snow tire in winter? First winter with a Hoe and ive decided snow tires would be a worthy purchase. Im in the Bozeman MT area if y'all are wondering. Thanks for the input!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'd think a skinnier snow tire would cut through the snow, kind of like a knife, and a wider tire would most likely drive on top of the snow, instead of cutting through it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes. A little thinner is better. 275 or less, I'd say. A good At with a snowflake marking like the KO2 is a good choice. If you want to go fully dedicated to ice/snow I think the Blizzak is hard to top.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes. A little thinner is better. 275 or less, I'd say. A good At with a snowflake marking like the KO2 is a good choice. If you want to go fully dedicated to ice/snow I think the Blizzak is hard to top.
I've heard nothing but good things about Blizzak.

OP
OP
MTHoe

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found some used cooper discoverer m+s studded snow tires on craigslist, bought a cheap set of 16' rims to go with 'er too. The tires are a 245/75r/16 in case yall were wondering, from what ive heard around town thinner is better. Will definitely consider blizzaks when these guys hit the bucket. Thanks for the input!

Snowkan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a set of those new for this season, in that size..work great!! Only have to use 4x4 once so far, to get in my driveway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne