Smoother Denali ride??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Xineering.com offers a kit that includes shock and ride height simulators that will make the computer think the Mag Ride parts are still installed. The kit for front and rear is $425.00 and includes four ride height simulators and four shock simulators. Replace with quality shocks and enjoy the ride. I replaced all four shocks with AC Delco standard in the front and AC Delco air shocks on the rear.

mpgmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took my '18 xl denali in today for its first service and reported the issue to my SA. Will see if they come back with anything. I'm running 35 psi cold. I know it's a different car, but the loaner Acadia they gave me has a much better ride. I hope they can fix it. I might need to try different tires too...

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015i Yukon SLT road a lot better on the tougher roads. Now the Denali rides great on the highway, but every single bump is felt

Bryingram4

Reaction score
A quality tire makes a big difference. I have 24’s wrapped in 285/35 Pirelli Scorpion Zero’s. The Mag Ride is flawed by design in my opinion. But my new set up is still smoother than the oem 22” denali wheels on whatever the factory puts on them, I forgot.
My big quedtion is, does AC Delco have an airshock to replace the rear MagRide airshock? And what is the part number? It should be the same for 2015-2019

26C3C126-EF42-42B3-9819-76B8A2605136.jpeg

Bryingram4

Reaction score
Xineering.com offers a kit that includes shock and ride height simulators that will make the computer think the Mag Ride parts are still installed. The kit for front and rear is $425.00 and includes four ride height simulators and four shock simulators. Replace with quality shocks and enjoy the ride. I replaced all four shocks with AC Delco standard in the front and AC Delco air shocks on the rear.

So just to be clear, the air shocks in the rear are for the auto leveling system?? Did the air lines just plug right in? And of course the Xineering plugs need to be used. And you did this on your 2015-2019 Yukon Denali? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you

00D13D8D-1687-4CF2-8466-B10D01EBEF42.jpeg

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any update on what the service did for your ride quality?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any update on what the service did for your ride quality?

bradntx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the ride is a bit harsh for what is supposed to be a luxury vehicle. From the beginning I wasn't quite sure about the harshness and whether my truck was normal. Today I drove 350+ miles with the truck pretty well loaded with stuff and it was night and day from the ride with just me in the truck. I think these things are sprung so that they ride good with 4+ decent sized adults in them and when totally unloaded the ride is harsh. I don't think it's the shocks but the springs. When you load them down a bit everything is much more compliant. I have been contemplating a 2/4 leveling drop and want to find out about the spring rates on the rear lowering springs.

I was actually considering removing the rear seats and shelf permanently but am not wondering if that would make it even worse.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will have to say I just had the mechanic adjust my ride level sensors and WOW an extreme difference in rear ride quality in my opinion. He said he adjusted the angle pinion of the bracket which increased the length tricking the computer to think it was higher then needed allowing to release some air in the bag that level the rear.

Whatever he did made a complete 180 on the rear end. It was extremely stiff in my opinion and now I can feel it bounce over bumps which I never felt before.

I would have to suggest to extend the sensor rode length and try to trick the computer to think it is above the stock height and see if you achieve a softer ride.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I drove 350+ miles with the truck pretty well loaded with stuff and it was night and day from the ride with just me in the truck. I think these things are sprung so that they ride good with 4+ decent sized adults in them and when totally unloaded the ride is harsh. I don't think it's the shocks but the springs.

That's what I've been trying to tell you guys! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645