Sliding front console constraints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drbeez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an RST diesel ordered since late Nov. I was told my dealer front sliding center console on constraint. He said if I remove from order he thinks rest my options will go through. He says 3 months on console. Any gear different, and is that option really worth having or is it no big deal

Ketzer

Reaction score
On the Yukons currently, if you remove the console option, it automatically defaults to second row bench seat.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 22 HighCountry for ~3 weeks now....I think we've moved that console 4 times...just playing with it.m By far the most comfortable "arm rest" position is with it moved all the way forward. Also if you have kiddos in the 2nd row, even in carseats, moving the console back fully gives them arm reach to the controls (even though you can lock them out from the front). I guess the only pro is the "hidden" storage that would be considered somewhat secure when the console is moved all the way forward. If there was a worthwhile credit for it being removed I would just take it and move on...you won't miss it in my opinion.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the sliding console compatible with lockbox inside the console?

Yarosuav

Reaction score
On the Yukons currently, if you remove the console option, it automatically defaults to second row bench seat.

That’s not correct - I just placed an order for a Duramax Yukon Denali (actually two orders, with two different dealers) last week, and both order confirmations show standard console and bucket seats. I specifically double checked that to make sure.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Also - per GM Authority, the sliding console will not be available anymore for the remainder of 2022 model year. So doesn’t look like you have any other option but to remove it from the build… That’s what both the dealers I ordered with recommended as they confirmed the sliding console is not available to order.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it is helpful, (I move it back about 6" and it gives the wife a readymade slot for her purse..) If it is the difference in getting a vehicle or not, the choice is obvious..Its a nice to have, not a must have...

Ketzer

Reaction score
That’s not correct - I just placed an order for a Duramax Yukon Denali (actually two orders, with two different dealers) last week, and both order confirmations show standard console and bucket seats. I specifically double checked that to make sure.
I'm sure your information is correct, I believe there are multiple ways to configure to try and get around the constraints.
It will be interesting to see if/when your order actually goes to build status.

AgentOrange86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, the safe is only compatible with the standard console. I called my dealer back to add the safe after he let me know the power sliding console was on constraint.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I wanted the lockbox, so I skipped the sliding gimmick and had the dealer install the safe when i picked up the vehicle. No regret.