Sliding front console constraints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 22 HighCountry for ~3 weeks now....I think we've moved that console 4 times...just playing with it.m By far the most comfortable "arm rest" position is with it moved all the way forward. Also if you have kiddos in the 2nd row, even in carseats, moving the console back fully gives them arm reach to the controls (even though you can lock them out from the front). I guess the only pro is the "hidden" storage that would be considered somewhat secure when the console is moved all the way forward. If there was a worthwhile credit for it being removed I would just take it and move on...you won't miss it in my opinion.
When you slide back the console, you can slide just the lid forward so you don't lose the "comfortable arm rest" position.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you slide back the console, you can slide just the lid forward so you don't lose the "comfortable arm rest" position.
It's funny you posted this...I literally just figured that out tonight. With all the talk recently on the sliding console we were out for an errand run and I was waiting in the car on my wife to finish up something and I messed around with it. I thought it actually broke when I slid it forward on accident! Now that does take care of the "comfortable arm rest"...I just wish it had a locking mechanism because it slides back and forth freely from what I could tell. In other words if you were to shift your elbow back the console slides with it. Maybe I'm missing something...

Erik23

Reaction score
I could care less about the sliding console but the fact it seems to be tied to getting bench seats if you remove it is just stupid!!! So they are going to make no more captains seats Yukon’s in 2022?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could care less about the sliding console but the fact it seems to be tied to getting bench seats if you remove it is just stupid!!! So they are going to make no more captains seats Yukon’s in 2022?

I just had to reconfigure my premiere orders. One was a rear bench no power console
one with rear bucket seats. No sliding console.

Erik23

Reaction score
I don’t think most dealerships know how to do that because when they unselect the power console it changes the second row to bench. How do they change the 2nd row back to captain chair?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think most dealerships know how to do that because when they unselect the power console it changes the second row to bench. How do they change the 2nd row back to captain chair?
Go back into the order and check a different box.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

line would think they’d have to select power fold buckets after the system changes it to a bench

Cryptocap

Reaction score
I just wish it had a locking mechanism because it slides back and forth freely from what I could tell. In other words if you were to shift your elbow back the console slides with it. Maybe I'm missing something...
If you slide the top all the way forward it should click in and lock.

Yarosuav

Reaction score

I place two separate orders with two separate dealers and both were able to select buckets in second row, despite no sliding console. Both my order confirmations from GM ordering system show second row buckets.

CT_Matty78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's funny you posted this...I literally just figured that out tonight. With all the talk recently on the sliding console we were out for an errand run and I was waiting in the car on my wife to finish up something and I messed around with it. I thought it actually broke when I slid it forward on accident! Now that does take care of the "comfortable arm rest"...I just wish it had a locking mechanism because it slides back and forth freely from what I could tell. In other words if you were to shift your elbow back the console slides with it. Maybe I'm missing something...
Have you come up with any solutions for the sliding back situation? I find the same thing happens with ours, and it's pretty annoying to have your arm rest slide out from under you while driving. I wish it had some way of locking in place. I asked my sales guy when I went into the dealer and he didn't have much to add or have a solution, they didn't have any on the lot to compare it with either.