Sleeping platform

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kzlucas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who has experience sleeping in the back of their Tahoe. I own a Tacoma with a shell on the back. My wife and I sleep in the bed with a memory foam pad often, winter and summer, during bike and ski trips. Not sure the exact dimensions of the bed but I believe it is between 70-74". I am 5'8" and sleep on my stomach. Would this be possible in a 2007 Tahoe with the seats folded up or is it a little too short. What is the dimension from the folded up seats to the closed lift gate of a 2007 Tahoe?
Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
I'm 6'1" and slept in the back of my Denali, no problem. I may build a platform to go over the space left by the captain's chairs when folded, but it was fine with a sleeping pad and bag.

TacHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone try making a platform from 2nd row back (with 3rd row removed)?

I am looking at doing something similar to this, for a camping trip to the sequoias, but just want something simple like a flat piece of compressed sheet wood to throw a full size blow up mattress on. Maybe something I can tie down to the roof rack for the trip and pull down when it’s time to use.

My wife and I did the full size blow up mattress in our ‘04 Z71 Tahoe but when we got the 2011 we noticed the interior layout is completely different. We definitely loved that all the seats either folded flat in the floor or were removable. Those 00-06 models really made good use of the space in the back.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions on a small footprint setup for the same layout as the link above welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz