Side Mirror Tilt Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had seen this discussed somewhere before, maybe not on this exact forum, but so far my Google skills have failed me.

I have a small nagging issue with the tilt feature on the side mirrors on my '08 Yukon Denali.

Mirrors adjust, move and function fine, both tilt down fine when placing the vehicle into reverse, but then 99.9% of the time when shifting out of reverse the driver side mirror returns to a position just a little higher of where it should or was previously, so I constantly have to bump it back down a tad. The passenger side works perfect and returns dead on to the prior position.

I think I had stumbled upon a discussion about this small issue a while back and the consensus was that periodically GM would tweak or update the programming for the various modules that control a lot of the features on the vehicle and a few people had had success resolving their mirror(s) behaving this way by having their vehicle "updated" to the newer module programming.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? I'm assuming this is a dealer only ability short of someone with a Tech II and an AC Delco TDS subscription?

Any luck the dealer doesn't charge for doing this? Not sure it's worth it to me to try to correct if it's going to mean an hour labor charge by the dealer for something that takes 5-10 mins to flash.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Dealer definitely would not do it for free on a 10 year old vehicle. There MAY be an update, but who knows for sure.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had seen this discussed somewhere before, maybe not on this exact forum, but so far my Google skills have failed me.

I have a small nagging issue with the tilt feature on the side mirrors on my '08 Yukon Denali.

Mirrors adjust, move and function fine, both tilt down fine when placing the vehicle into reverse, but then 99.9% of the time when shifting out of reverse the driver side mirror returns to a position just a little higher of where it should or was previously, so I constantly have to bump it back down a tad. The passenger side works perfect and returns dead on to the prior position.

I think I had stumbled upon a discussion about this small issue a while back and the consensus was that periodically GM would tweak or update the programming for the various modules that control a lot of the features on the vehicle and a few people had had success resolving their mirror(s) behaving this way by having their vehicle "updated" to the newer module programming.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? I'm assuming this is a dealer only ability short of someone with a Tech II and an AC Delco TDS subscription?

I had this issue, except the mirrors would go haywire as well.

Turned out I had a really bad leak on the driver's side windshield close to the roof, which was leaking down the A-pillar, soaking the driver's side AC fuse box behind the kickpanel, leaking the rest of the way down and inundating the entire floorboard and subsequently all the wires that run down the driver's side door.

I disabled all the tilt functions because it was becoming a hazard. Once I dried it out completely and got the leak fixed (which I struggled with for about 3+ months), I re-enabled all the tilt functionality, and it works perfectly now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts