Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbpike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good. I wouldn't have predicted any ride quality change raising the strut 1.5". As for the rub, your probably making contact with your fender liner and could look into pounding them in a bit and reforming the carpets.
Nailed it! Rubbing against the back of the wheel well. I was hoping to avoid mods to eliminate rubbing, but I guess that’s the cost of wheel and tire mods in the first place. I’m trying to decide if I should sell these wheels and tires and go for something with a little more positive offset and stick with factory sized tires. Lessons learned…

robbpike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a 1.5” lower strut level spacer on her ‘16 denali. That worked fine for about 50k miles, then the shocks started going. I then replaced the stock struts and level kit with fox 2.0 units. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the 3 setups really…they all rode good to me.

Out of the box, the fox units gave her ‘16 denali all of a full 3” of lift, if not a bit more. I had to lower them down quite a bit to keep it level with the factory height in the rear.
3”??? I am definitely trying to avoid that. I don’t want to damage the ball joints and would prefer not to replace UCA’s.

I believe I read your whole ordeal with the Fox’s. Do you recall how much thread was exposed after you had adjusted them to a more reasonable level? I’m trying not to install them twice and they appear to come out of the box with 2.75” of thread exposed, which seems like it is a lot.

I appreciate you responses and any assistance you can offer. I can PM if that is a better avenue for this type discussion.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3”??? I am definitely trying to avoid that. I don’t want to damage the ball joints and would prefer not to replace UCA’s.

I believe I read your whole ordeal with the Fox’s. Do you recall how much thread was exposed after you had adjusted them to a more reasonable level? I’m trying not to install them twice and they appear to come out of the box with 2.75” of thread exposed, which seems like it is a lot.

I appreciate you responses and any assistance you can offer. I can PM if that is a better avenue for this type discussion.
I have no recollection of the actual amount of threads. Im sure i may have tossed out some numbers back in the day when i did it, but that was a while ago.

The struts are technically for a pickup if i remember correctly, which is preset to a few inches or whatever height increase…but for a truck. It was definitely more on her xl denali.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
robbpike....nailed the look. that wheel looks fine, and not one you see everywhere.

try flexing our liners, i even trimmed the lower edge of mine ( raising the height from the ground to the liner as well)...ONLY CAUTION is pass rear side has AC lines behind it, DO NOT GO HAMMERING with out looking. i have mine at 2.5 F/ 1.5R on a stock 22...it looks and feels like a 4wd suburban should

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That or you could roll around like this. I think your wheels look great on their though. It's not too hard to make room in the carpets with some heat alone but hammering in bottom of the fender-wall first will probably give you just the right amount of clearance not to rub. I think with your current offset it should work great.

PXL_20210619_004911194.jpg

robbpike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
robbpike....nailed the look. that wheel looks fine, and not one you see everywhere.

try flexing our liners, i even trimmed the lower edge of mine ( raising the height from the ground to the liner as well)...ONLY CAUTION is pass rear side has AC lines behind it, DO NOT GO HAMMERING with out looking. i have mine at 2.5 F/ 1.5R on a stock 22...it looks and feels like a 4wd suburban should
Thanks for everyone's feedback. You have all talked me off the cliff for the time being. I just need to make the modifications to cure the rubbing and enjoy it, including the level as is. I do really like the height. I am at 100k on the odometer though and still have the factory shocks/struts, so I figured the tired suspension could use something new.

stormin08, I do love the stance of your truck. These trucks require a little bit of extra height to look just right.

Lousieg55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just finished this weekend.

3.5" front spacer with cognito upper control arms/kryptonite tie rods/Movotech lower TTX with Blistien 4600 shocks/struts F + R and +3" rear spacer/extended sway bar links (sits actually pretty level) and angle are good (no CVS)

Rims are 20x10 ultra hunter with 4.5 backspacing and 33x12.50r20 tires.

Slight rub on full lock/driveway (bump) but normal driving no rubbing. Drives really nice and solid feeling.

Attachments

• 20220130_115135.jpg
    20220130_115135.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220130_115145.jpg
    20220130_115145.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220130_115205.jpg
    20220130_115205.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads