Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Hi

Which Light bar is this? Also how did you end up installing with the tow hooks? I also have a Z71

It's the 30" curved single row from Rough Country. I kept the tow hooks on when I installed it. With the lift, the factory skid plate was removed. I ran a flat bracket from the upper factory skid plate bolt hole to under the tow hook and that's what the light bar is mounted to. I used a u-bolt to secure the flat bracket to the tow hook to keep everything solid. Painted it all black to match the tow hook. It ended up looking pretty good. That's really the only way I could find to mount it without getting a big push bar or brush guard.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Wait... a Z71, Chevy’s “off road” package, doesnt even have tow hooks?

Yes, of course it came with factory tow hooks. I think he was asking if I had to remove them to install the light, which I didn't.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on Hellwig sway bars for a lifted Tahoe? Thinking of installing them front and rear because I'm experiencing a little body roll with the 6" lift, in some cases bad enough to cause the traction control to activate in corners.

Z71 Hoe looks great!!!! I'm guessing 20x10 wheels on 35x12.50? It needs 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even track width with front. This helps with the roll feel. Also every lifted hoe/kon needs at least hellwig or eibach rear sways but the fronts help too. Keeps it much more planted feeling.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Z71 Hoe looks great!!!! I'm guessing 20x10 wheels on 35x12.50? It needs 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even track width with front. This helps with the roll feel. Also every lifted hoe/kon needs at least hellwig or eibach rear sways but the fronts help too. Keeps it much more planted feeling.

You were half right. :) 20x10 wheels with 295/60 tires. At the moment the rear sits 1/2" further to the passenger side - I'm installing an adjustable panhard bar this week to correct it. I wanted to see how it looked after that before deciding on spacers. I've also got a set of hellwigs ordered. The front came last week (it's a beast) and the rear comes Friday. I'm excited to see how it feels after. There's definitely some body roll now and the Stabiltrack activates in sharp corners.

Probably also going to get the taillights tinted darker. I would love to figure out how to make the front LED parking lots run as DRL like the LTZ/Premier models, but haven't been able to find that yet.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You were half right. :) 20x10 wheels with 295/60 tires. At the moment the rear sits 1/2" further to the passenger side - I'm installing an adjustable panhard bar this week to correct it. I wanted to see how it looked after that before deciding on spacers. I've also got a set of hellwigs ordered. The front came last week (it's a beast) and the rear comes Friday. I'm excited to see how it feels after. There's definitely some body roll now and the Stabiltrack activates in sharp corners.

Probably also going to get the taillights tinted darker. I would love to figure out how to make the front LED parking lots run as DRL like the LTZ/Premier models, but haven't been able to find that yet.

Haha nice I knew it was close. Good tire choice by the way. How does the road noise sound over the rear fender wells? I have nitto exo and they aren't too bad but doubt I will ever go full m/t but maybe ridge or r/t. The sways are huge improvement on these platforms. The trucks with leafs don't get as much roll as these when lifted. The panhard will help center it up and pretty much all of them sit a little further out on the passenger side. Do you have parking brake cables routed on top of axle?

Measure the front cv to diff spacer used in the kit but I'm 99% sure there 1.5" thick. Get bora rear wheel spacers and trim stud ends to clear. Surprisingly a big difference with them on for handling. Stablitrack will probably still activate some but the sway bar will help reduce it. I did some data logs checking the system and the yaw sensor under the passenger seat activates on the rolling and G which turns it on. Make sure to calibrate the speedo to GPS which also helps reduce the early activation of the system due to difference in wheel speeds.

Tails will look good tinted, make sure you do the third also. Don't know about the mod but could always upgrade the headlights to LTZ and retrofit the projector for better lighting. Post pics of the sways and panhard installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN