Should I?

Buy or not

• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found on craigslist a used ground force lowering kit. It was installed in an 03 Avalanche since 07. Model number is 9972. My question is should I get it for my 03 HOE. It comes with torsion keys, rear springs, cut bump stops, ground force shocks, blistine shocks(ground force shocks are going bad soon), and a torsion key removal tool. According to the box for the set its a 2 in front and 2.5 in back. Should I pick it up. Its a tempting*price*. I might install it with my stock shocks.

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ground Force has good products. A 2/3 kit is a great start. I think you may want to go lower or switch to spindles down the road but this looks like a great way to get a little lower than stock. I say go for it. You can always swap components down the road if you decide you want to change something.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alex you are already talking about switching out parts and the shocks will be going bad soon so thats more money. will it really be cheaper than buying a new kit with spindles and shocks? some time cheap comes out more expensive.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He would have 2 sets of shocks, his stocks and the ones that come w/ the kit. Also, I don't know the price of the kit. If he gets a quality kit for $50, installs it and decides to make some changes he can still keep what he wants and just add on at a minimal expense. The only thing I know is that once you start, you keep on going, tweaking here and there till it's just right. If you can get your feet wet w/ a minimal expense then that's better than spending $1200 for a full suspension and then finding it's not what you want and losing your shirt trying to get rid of it.

I agree that if the kit is junk, then don't even consider it, wait until a better one comes along.

OP
OP
A

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Diffrent kit

So I ended up not picking up that set. I go to the local pull and pay for one of my trailing arms. I bent it on a trip to NY (long story). Anyways I come across a 01 Denali. I get the arm and realize it has a Belltech kit on it. I pull the whole kit out spindles, springs, shocks, spacers. Left the bumps cause they were destroyed. I dont know what i picked up. The shocks are street performance shocks. The springs are Pro springs 5305. I dont know bout the spindles. How much drop do I get with this set? I also got the shock extender in the rear. Will this fit with my 20in rims? Is there any thing else I missed in this kit?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
That is a 2/3-4 kit like tony sells here. You'll need shortened bump stops but it would look good.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Sounded like you have everything make sure those spindles fit your truck tho
Furthermore 20" will work with that kit.

OP
OP
A

acurasee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I found out tonight one of the rear shocks I picked up are bad. Oh well stick to the rear stock shocks for now. Can't wait to put them in.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Replace with blistens when you have the coin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn