Shopping for a 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kc9dre

Reaction score
I have a 93 GMC Suburban that the engine was recently driven with a failed water pump and now is not running properly, I may repair it or sell it however in the process I am out shopping for a newer model so in my price range is the 2000-2006 models.

I test drove one today and when I exercised the transfer case it was more of a "CLANG" each time I shifted. I have always had a stick for the transfer case in my 4x4's so is this something I should be worried about? It successfully shifted to each but the clanging concerned me. It is an '03 with 174k on it...

Tomorrow I am test driving and Escalade however I am not sure if I am a fan of the AWD or not at this point, though I can say that in 3 years I have not needed the low range... But I like to be prepared.

OP
OP
kc9dre

kc9dre

Reaction score
I'm not so much worried about the mileage because I've got over 300,000 on my 93 however my concern is the car trunk that the transfer case seems to be making whenever you shift between two wheel four wheel and 4 low I'm not so much worried about the mileage because I've got over 300,000 on my 93 however my concern is the kerchunk that the transfer case seems to be making whenever you shift between 2 wheel and four wheel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse