SHE'S FALLING APART :( 100k break down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at work...i'll break it down later BUT

I can't get an alignment b/c my Stabilizer links are ripped which explains the swayinging while I drive.

I NEED SOMETHING TOUGHER LIKE Energy or Neoprene...tried looking at ENERGY but I can't find anything.

HELP!

I rather buy a whole kit for the entire truck since I'm doing aftermakret swaybars when the GB goes thru

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just F'N SUXS!

Keeps piling on! Need a new Front Evap! The rear one is to easy to change so the Car Gods have punished me with the front one. 5.3 hrs on ALL DATA and I have to remove the steerting Column. This one sounds a lil over my head!

Now back to the Stabilizer Links...I can't find any....HELP!

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got energy suspension links at advanced auto parts for like 15 bucks
i will pick them up for you if u wnat

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is there one around me? She glides to the right when I hit the brakes!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The McQuay/Norris professional grade stuff is poly, I got mine at Checkers they were in stock ...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
well besides the fact of suspension concern, i dont think that causing a pull when braking. End links will make steering Sloppy, excessive lean and less responsive. Id start with the simple, Tire pressures. if thats ok, move onto Checking Brakes.calipers and pad wear. you say it going right? so id check for a faulty Left front caliper. Sometimes when it pulls to one side, the opposite side caliper maybe seizing and not creating the same braking force as the other side, causing a pull. It also can be a slow to release caliper, Rust build up in the brackets that dont allow the pads to fully release when brakes released. You dont need to go and get the most expensive links money can buy. Oem equivalent will last a good while.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-did the Calipers less then a year ago. I use to pull hard right. It glides to the right when driving when braking it gets a lil more pushy. My steering is shit anyway. I have Rancho Steering stabilizer waiting to be installed. My Suspension takes a beating b/w Rake, Rims, and Road. Every year I HAVE to replace Pitman and Idler arm. Hope the Stabilizer will help with that and tighten it up a lil more. Waiting on reviews on the Steering Sensor...once that has good one's ill replace that too.

Eventually I wanna change all my brushings to Poly with the kit. For some reason the kit didn't include the Stabilizer Links.

I know this is 2wd but you get the piont...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ener...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ok, but it still could be a brake concern, Are there and difference in the Pad thickness inner vs outter? How about side Vs other side. Maybe a brake line?

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got SS Brake Line from CA dealer that eeyrone complains about. I see nothing wrong with them or him. Pad wear is fine Calipers are a yr old in August.

I finally intalled my Single Shock Rancho Stabilizer (which I welded the bracket) and did my Poly Stabilizer links on both sides wit new rods. Got em at Napa for 50 bux.

I also found out I need Upper and Lower BJ's (Upper needs to be replaced so better off doing both) and my axel is ripped. while I am in there gg replace the HUB it has 115k on it.

SHE REALLY DOESNT WANNA GET BLOWN!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts