The project continues :) NO 56k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thru the midst of the 100k breakdown, was able to do some updating.

1) She needed Pads and rotors after shopping around I was able to score some Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Pads for $113 Shipped (Ebay). Cheaper then it would have cost me for decent rotors $44-50 (Advanced Auto Auto Zone, Pep Boys) and Hawk Pads $30 (Pep Boys). So far so far so good. Haven't been in a position yet to jam on them and hope not to anytime soon. My Wagners made 18k before I replaced them most of it was highway driving. Hopefully these hold up and they look great too! They make NO NOISE but I also sprayed break quiet on the pads when I installed them. AUTOZONE didn't have any silver Caliper Paint so I couldn't kill two birds with one stone. I will do that when paint comes in.

IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0028.jpg

2) I Upgraded the Suspension, 3 parts.
A. I installed a Sky Jacker Stabilizer Bar and had the bracket welded. Most of you lifted guys who off road recommend this Mod as well as wedling bracket to make it more tougher and secure under stress. I thought this would fix my slushy steering but it did not. Ended being the Steering Sensor ($30 from RockAuto and was here next day). This thing is great on the parkway hitting small bumps where the steering wheel would jump a little IT DOES NOT at all. $100 bucks ($50 for it and $50 for installation and welding) was worth it to me.

IMAG0020.jpg
IMAG0018.jpg

B. Bell Tech Rear Sway Bar with Poly Bushings from a 98 2dr Tahoe. I thought this was the deal of the century thing retails for $200 and I got shipped to my front door for $110. This thing ended giving me headache. It was made for a 2DR. which I didn't figure out till I got it in the mail and tried to install it. Just didn't fit right LOL. Ended up taking me a while to do this since I had to drill into the frame. Even better DROP the gas tank so I can cut a piece out a bracket that holds the gas tank so I can fit the poly bushing as well as bend parts of the frame so the bushings and washers aren't squished. In the midst of this I HAD TO REPLACE MY FUEL PUMP b/c I broke one of the fittings on the assembly when disconnecting the lines on the fuel pump. It was funny actually a passer-by warned me that I needed a fuel pump and guarenteed That a fitting would break. Called him stupid, but it ended up being ME. So the only place with a fuel pump that was open was at 7pm was Advanced Auto. $150 for an Airtek since my friend has a commercial account, I just call it peace of mind now that I know I have a new fuel pump in.

She handles like a Ferrari Now ;)
IMAG0022.jpg
IMAG0024.jpg
IMAG0014.jpg
IMAG0015.jpg

3. Installed Rancho RS5000 Shocks (YES ON A LOWERED TRUCK!) I work at Sears, its Shocktober so its buy 3 get one Free, also Family and Friends Day (10 percent off), plus an additional 10% off due to an Associate Discount.. I had to lay out $193 with 55.99 Mail in reabte. Also free installtion as well as a lifetime warranty on shocks and labor. Sears also paid me $17 per shock to install them :)

No more bottoming and rubbing. I had Bilsteins on there and they were tired. I got the part numbers off the Bilsteins, called them for meaursements, called Teneco with the measurements and the Ranchos were on there way.
I don't install the sleeves on shocks and the stabilizer bar b/c I feel that they keep the dirt trapped in. I know, I know the front shocks on the boot on them but a co-worker mounted it for me. I'm gonna cut them behind his back. Don't want to hurt his feelings, his kinda sensitive. Alot of Co-workers wanted to talk me out of Rancho's due to alot of bring backs and talk me into Sensatracs. Just figured it was just a bad bunch, b/c alot of lifted and off roading guys run these with little complaints.

IMAG0021.jpg
IMAG0022.jpg

3. MSD Wires and Valve Cover Kit (to run wires along the covers instead next to the headers in preparation of my Long Tube Install which is still in the works). I also needed new wires as one hit the header and cooked a little. I ended up taping it up and repositioning it. But it wasa little to late, the spark plug cracked as well as needed a new 02 sensor. So I ordered new E3 plug, Bosch 02 Sensor, MSD wires from a Speedshop (115) reps from JEGS kept sending me the wrong ones. And kit from them as well as Boots.

IMAG0026.jpg
IMAG0027.jpg

4. DDM 4,300K 35 watt HID KIT in NEW Fog Lights
My GTO head light covers killed my head lights. So I ordered the DDM kit when they were onsale for $30 bucks. I didn't install them right away because I was sourcing a Fog Light Switch from a 99-2000 Escalade/Nali for a CLEAN OEM LOOK, not some Tyrone job. I scored the switch and harness at a junkyard for $20 but the ********** cut the harness. It was useless, and dealership wanted $3k for it...well basically the whole set-up. I had another member BLACK95 make me a harness (ended up installing it to). Ended up getting new Fog Lights so I can aim them up but its not high enough since my truck is raked. They don't aim on the ground anymore but still not high enough. Not sure if I'm going to put washers where they mount to push the distance from the Fog Light to the bumper back and try to aim higher or just cut the bumper. They can't go any further since they are hitting the bumper. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll mount HID lights inside my grill. BLACK95 hooked them up to my Ignition so I don't have to worry about shutting them ON and OFF.

IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0029.jpg

Miscallanous Shit, New Falcon Ball Joints on the Passenger Side (less then $30 Via Autobarn, Falcon Idler Arm $10 Auto Barn, Passenger Side Hub $50 Ebay, and Axel $50 Napa. Water Pump Lifetime Guarentee $54 Shipped Ebay

I'm selling the Whipple and 2.5" QTP Electric Cut Outs b/c I am going a different route. Hint hint...it will involve a BOV and a intercooler :) Look in the FS SECTION

FF40

P.S. Also added a new Grapic

IMAG0023.jpg

Last edited:

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice dude! You're set with suspension. Which reminds me I really need to do mine asap. I need ball joints, shocks, poly bushing and a pitman arm.

Looking forward to seeing this turbo'd though!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wtf is wrng with photobucket?

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

sounds good man, looks like your making progress

how many cutouts do you have/ wanna sell? new or used??

2- Used QTP 2.5" QTP Cut Outs, been used for less then 5k. They work comes with all the wiring and switch.

I'll post pics and vids when I get a chance.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

u did the sway bar on ur own?

Nope, you helped me install it till we ran into the fuel pump bracket problem. Then went to James house so I can use his lift to drop the tank and modify the frame and bracket so it could fit. Edited just for you!

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming out nice man, good to see what can be done on an budget we're all working with , along with some hard work.
and good job gettin sears to pay you to install your own shocks

any reason your going turbo over the whipple other than that badass sound of the turbo spooling up

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going Twin Turbo :( I've done some research on some Homemade junk yard kits.
Just out of my budget for now. Once you go turbo the WHOLE drivetrain needs to be replaced and I defentily need to upgrade to the Marine Intake Swap.

Why Centrafugal?

1) I had a Turbo Charged DSM and a few things I loved about that thing was the sound of my ROFL BOV that I modified to hold 25lbs. Hard pipe to hear the turbo spool and look of my FMIC (good for 800hp :) Biggest you can fit on her. Had to cut out my front bumper for her to fit.

2) With a Centrafugal there is more room to for more power. All I have to do is change pulleys and even blowers with ease. I have no experience and no faith in my porting abilities.

With the Whipple Kit which is a Roots Blower Type kit, the only way to get more HP out of it is changing pulleys and porting the S/C. There is nothing wrong with Roots Style Kits that are made for our Vehicle like Whipple and Magnacharger. I can't speak for the Magna Charger kit b/c I've seen one forsale as it is the rarest out of S/C's. It went for 3k used. Whipple has plenty of power out of the Box, you can Upgrade to an 8lb kit but really our fuel system is maxed out at 6psi. Only benefit we would see from an 8lb kit is at top end until fueling issues are addressed.

ALL S/C kits for our trucks are rare even though parts are plenty available but who is willing to shell out 5-6 for a complete kit?

I go with just personal prefernce. I was in the hunt for Centrafugal tyoe blower kit for my truck since I got 2 yrs ago. Then it became ANY TYPE of boost, until I landed the incomplete Whipple Kit a year ago. Then it took my 6 months to piece it together aka the Whipple Tronic, Harness, Fuel Lines, Correct TB Hat with the Xtra Ev-1 Style Injectors. Alot of Lt-1, LS1 owners snapped up our Whipple kits and mounted them on thier engines but used a different TB Hat. They have Injecters (unlike us) there for they didn't need the Xtra 2 injectors in the TB hat.

THE ONLY thing my Whipple Kit needs for it to be complete is a BELT. Thats for the new owner to decide what kind it needs and what they want to spend let alone which one to get to fit.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

This truck was bought on a budget and modded with a budget. I will start a build up thread. You think I got sick deals, I got one that makes people cry :)

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides, turbo will always out do a S/C just endless spool up. S/c is more consistant thru the powerband basically all low end. A turbo lacks that at the line unless you do some goodies to have it launch at full boost.

Why you see most turbo'd street races from a roll or a turbo catchin up on a car. Once that shit hits full boost the ******** ends!

Thanks, just like to add little personal touches that make her mine!

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you liked the ebay slotted and drilled pads and rotors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442