Shaved rear hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wiper removal and plugged holes looks very familiar...nice work getting rid of that dangling branch. Be nice filled and painted over for sure.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That wiper removal and plugged holes looks very familiar...nice work getting rid of that dangling branch. Be nice filled and painted over for sure.

Haha yea I spent about $5 for all the plugs from a local hardware store. Looks bstter as is, but taking the step of removing the hardware has motivated me even more to get it welded up and painted so that jumped up to the top of my list.

02Yuk

Reaction score
I've been considering doing this to my 02' Yukon as well. I think the clean look is the way to go on it. I'm wondering about relocating the handle to open the hatch to the inside of it. How it will work and look on the interior panel. If you end up doing that and have pics I would really like to see them.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Having trouble finding a guy who welds aluminum, but the search has only begun.
I'll post pics and progress. I think I have an ideas to relocate the handle, but ha entry gotten that far yet. One step at a time

WhiteTrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good. I have been wanting to do this since I have bought mine. The rear wiper in my opinion is worthless. Haha

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sand it down to bare metal and spray rust inhibitor then paint base and clear over that.
that’s what I did. Has lasted 4 years now with no issue.
The only way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907