09 Yukon Rear hatch won't fully open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change out the gas struts with OEM or Strongman brand, and your issue will be resolved. I went through this myself on my 07 about 6 months ago.

OP
OP
Chev454ss

Chev454ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I removed the struts last night, one moved freely when compressed, the other one wouldn't budge. I have new ones on the way. Damn torx bolts! 1 stripped the head, (not hardened worth a damn) I barely got it out. Stealership wants almost $7.00 each! In the mean time I'll check the thread pitch and go to the hardware store for a Phillips head replacement. Stay Tuned!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed the struts last night, one moved freely when compressed, the other one wouldn't budge. I have new ones on the way. Damn torx bolts! 1 stripped the head, (not hardened worth a damn) I barely got it out. Stealership wants almost $7.00 each! In the mean time I'll check the thread pitch and go to the hardware store for a Phillips head replacement. Stay Tuned!
nothing to unbolt, what did you do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar