Service Ride Control after lift kit installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoderholmJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently put on a 6" lift kit and now my service ride control light is showing. Its not sagging on any of the auto ride shocks and drives fine, any ideas what the problem is?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, let me start off by saying, VERY ******* NICE!!! :D 4x4ing in the snow is funnnnnnnnn!!!!! lol

Anyways, yes....anytime you change any part of these trucks, errors will come up...specially the suspension...there are sensors and when the computer recognizes that you are not at the correct height and something major has changed, it will throw errors at you...the Air Ride shocks have to be adjusted from what I've heard....in a pain in the ass...you have to trick the pins or some shit...I dont know too much about that, but someone will chime in.

Also, after all that work being done...take a run out there real quick and make sure your rear ABS sensor wire going to your brakes isnt rubbing on your rim...when it melts through the insulator and through the wire, that also ****** sucks!! :( (************* shop!!!)

BTW...I want more pics of your truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

OP
OP
S

SoderholmJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's it is FINALLY!!!ignore the 2 dents on the right side...*thanks mom*
124351245.jpg
back.gif
front.gif
front1.jpg
side2.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good man!
Often when a car is dropped with Autoride the Air rod links for Autoride are too short and need to be replaced with shorter ones.
When you are lifted it is most likely the opposite and you may need taller ones, don;t know how you would go about that though.
I would just ditch the Autoride all together and get Bilstein 5100 shocks with resistors wired to the ride control so you get not error message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667