Service park assist msg while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobDonMarv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ. The service park assist came on when I bought it, figured must be a sensor so replaced them. At the same time I replaced the factory stereo. The backup camera was spotty before and now just flashes a grey image. No big deal. But while driving the service park assist flashes in the DIC. I clear it, and it’ll flash and come back. Weird part is the sensors work, the leds come on and work just fine. I can’t disable park assist with the button either, just flashes at me and stays on while driving. Only thing I can come up with is the module is malfunctioning. Any feedback appreciated

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first guess would be the camera is having a problem or is going out, not sure if the system would detect that or not. one of those times where you need a tech2, the tech2 would point you in the right direction. that "service park assist" is setting a dtc, a off the shelf scanner wont read that. If you are friendly with your local dealer they might at least hook up the tech2 and tell you what is says the problem is and not charge you.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11