Service 4 Wheel Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
When switching from 2WD to Auto or to 4x4 high, the light blinks longer than I remember and then eventually stays lit under the setting I set it to. But the service 4 wheel drive message displays on the DIC. If I scroll through the DIC settings the message disappears and only returns if I try to change the 4x4 settings again. Any ideas what the issue could be? Is my 4x4 even working when I make the switch to Auto or 4x4 high?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably a lazy encoder motor on the transfer case, locally they probably run about $165, online around 130.00 or less if you shop around, you might get lucky and get one cheaper from a junk yard/scrapper. I have seen a youtube video where a guy rebuilds one so there is that option as well. If you have access to a tech2 you can confirm the issue.

Sean James

Reaction score
When switching from 2WD to Auto or to 4x4 high, the light blinks longer than I remember and then eventually stays lit under the setting I set it to. But the service 4 wheel drive message displays on the DIC. If I scroll through the DIC settings the message disappears and only returns if I try to change the 4x4 settings again. Any ideas what the issue could be? Is my 4x4 even working when I make the switch to Auto or 4x4 high?

Mine did that and it was the pushbutton switch on the dash. $30 at autozone and less than 10 minutes to change it out. You tube video shows how easy to pop it out and back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt