seriously thinking about adding the bottle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
+1 on the longtubes and cam. Cam swap is easier than you'd think, then see how you feel about the bottle.

yes i suppose this seems to be what everyone agrees upon when i pit the LT's and Cam against the bottle. Obviously its compairing apples to oranges but hey, im still compairing fruit right? ahhaa

I am just thinking to myself that when I add the LT's and Headers I will have more consistant power but probably not much more then 20 or 30hp would be my assumption. And with that comes the possible loss of driver comfort (headers making my truck unbearably loud and depending on the cam, MPG's and high end power could be adversly effected)

so still i contimpate... I wanna check out some of these other kits you speak of though... any reason you dont like the ZEX setup though? It came highly recomended from an "import" buddy of mine.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Lol @ import buddy. Some of their dry systems are ok on imports but it's totally different on these trucks, build quality is my main concern with the Zex systems. Longtubes sound great with a nice exhaust, why the **** did you start modding your truck if you wanted it quiet?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LT's can lower exhaust levels, I have heard on a few instances. But kill a motor, then your expenses go up quickly.

Like the old saying at the track..."if you don't run 11's on motor, your not ready for NOS.."

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Lol @ import buddy. Some of their dry systems are ok on imports but it's totally different on these trucks, build quality is my main concern with the Zex systems. Longtubes sound great with a nice exhaust, why the **** did you start modding your truck if you wanted it quiet?

hahaha i know, im just trying to justify over here! I want more power in a hury... and on demand would be sweet

oreowizard98

Reaction score
I agree with majority. I built my Trans Am w/ LS1 and put the bottle to it. It was a LOT of fun. Until I had to start refilling the bottle all the time. Like an earlier post stated, Its addictive!!! I rode in a buddies who had H/C/I and he had as much power as i did and it was on tap all the time. I wish I had gone that route. My advice is Cam and headers with a good Tune.

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nos is an oxygenator and allows you to pack more fuel and all that technical crap wich gives power from what i understand. using nos on a stock engine is not a good idea. if used wrong you can burn the pistons and trash the engine in a tank of gas. these engins are not designed to handle super chargers and nos and all theese horendus power adders. i dont recomend using these power aders unless you got a top to bottom built engine that can handle it and supose you had a engine like this you would need to build the rest of you drive train to handle the engine. i would hold on to that $ until you did alot of reasearch. blowing the engine on the car you depend on every day is not cool.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
nos is an oxygenator and allows you to pack more fuel and all that technical crap wich gives power from what i understand. using nos on a stock engine is not a good idea. if used wrong you can burn the pistons and trash the engine in a tank of gas. these engins are not designed to handle super chargers and nos and all theese horendus power adders. i dont recomend using these power aders unless you got a top to bottom built engine that can handle it and supose you had a engine like this you would need to build the rest of you drive train to handle the engine. i would hold on to that $ until you did alot of reasearch. blowing the engine on the car you depend on every day is not cool.

Oxidizer :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019