SEO 6j4 explanation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I found the wiring for horn/siren provision but I'm confused as to how this works? Can someone explain it to me please? I have a whelen siren but it usually hooks up to the code 3 control box does this SEO 6j4 mean that I have hit the horn pad and use this siren instead? That doesn't make sense as the code 3 controller has to select the sound coming out of the siren... Does this make any sense??

bobo49505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is not a siren there. 6j4 just means the wiring is there running thru the firewall to hook up to on both sides

OP
OP
Canadrian

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is not a siren there. 6j4 just means the wiring is there running thru the firewall to hook up to on both sides
Oh sorry I know there's no siren there but I have a 100w whelen with a code 3 controller so I was just wondering how hooking up a siren to this provision would work? Just by pressing the horn button pad I'm confused how a siren would work as I thought it needs a controller to put out the sound.

bobo49505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is what the manual says
6J4 WIRING - HORN/SIREN CIRCUIT

Two 16 gauge wires are connected to an in-line connector in the horn

circuit of the instrument panel harness under the instrument panel. The

end of this harness extension is terminated with an in-line connector in a

60 inch coil under the instrument panel. Connection to customer switching

permits operation of the horn or siren with the horn button.

you hook the wires up to your controller and can change tones with the horn button instead of the control panel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs