Second row armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The armrest came off on the passenger side captain. Anyone ever have this happen, and how did you proceed?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The armrest came off on the passenger side captain. Anyone ever have this happen, and how did you proceed?
Can you take a picture of what you have? Need to know what’s still attached and what fell off.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Mine had some play in it, so I removed the little cap on the arm rest and tightened it down. I’m assuming after being moved up and down through the years that it must have simply unthreaded itself. I’ve seen them flop downwards, but never to the point of actually falling off. See if you can remove that cap on it and try and retighten it to the seat.

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seat has the stud and the nut is still on it. I’ll take a pic tomorrow morning. Thanks for the fast responses.

Reaction score
Looks like that bushing that's around the bolt threads should be attached to the armrest. Actually looks like there's some broken welds.

Remove the bolt and take that bushing and place it into the armrest and see if any of those tack welds seem to match up. If that's the case, I would just JB Weld or epoxy it in there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to a salvage yard and pulled an armrest off a Tahoe and the bolt on mine is a stud attached to the seat on the Tahoe. What years use a bolt and what years have the stud?

annstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine had some play as well. The issue appeared to be bolt mount in the arm rather than the bolt torque. Added a washer in the arm socket and between the arm and seat, tightened down to good effect. Must have tightened everything down too well, It was broken off in 24 hours loading the truck for our first road trip. Searching for replacement arm and plastic base housing - likely easiest to get a salvage seat. .