Second battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
specific on PPV
Which power cable is not in use ?
So I can run to the second battery

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i did my dual install I bought everything from amazon but it was all gm parts and i did it in parallel. Mine is a 13 lt hoe and i looked at the 13 ppv to see how they did it. There were so many diff setups though, ppv ssv ya know. Now if I remember correctly one of those leads goes right into the fuse box right under hood and the other ones were for police equipment inside. My year ppv parallel setup had a positive cable running from first battery(pass rear engine compt) to starter and second battery(drivers front) positive along front of motor to starter and then neg to side of alt. I think the one that goes inside is ur best bet. Not sure if i helped you but thats my best guess. Maybe look at starter to see if a second batt cable is connected there and just left by the second battery u put in. Sorry bud.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 red cables , 1 goes to fuse box , 2 inside the cab
I'm talking driver side ...

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would leave the factory wiring in place. I would just add another cable to the positive terminals , and a ground wire to the frame.

Messing with the factory wires is when good things go bad. But, I'm no electrician either.
I ended up getting a complete kit.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have schematic ...
Any way , I will run extra lead and leave factory set up , I need to check how they disconnect all this equipment...
A ha , PPV / SSV section will nice ...

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory dual battery setup but I can look around if you like to see if I see anything special.

davidl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to tie the grounds together.. you don't want a grounding differential.. things can get ugly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts