Seat heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I do a remote start and it is cold my seat heater does not turn on. Does anyone else's not turn on during the remote start?
I have my preferences that says it should but it is not doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I do a remote start and it is cold my seat heater does not turn on. Does anyone else's not turn on during the remote start?
I have my preferences that says it should but it is not doing it.

The interior temp of the vehicle has to hit a certain threshold before the seat heaters/ac kick on. Unfortunately you cannot change or determine that threshold.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
That seems very strange. When it's cold why didn't they design it for the heaters/ ac to come on the seats?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You would need to ask an engineer about that. They just design them. They don't work on them. I personally wouldn't want them to come on till I turned them on after getting in vehicle. I don't want something heating up inside my rig unless I turn it on.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is on my list of issues to check my first oil change. Even at 5 degrees, the heat and heated seats are not coming on with auto start, even though the auto setting is on the system.

smittydog

Reaction score
mine doesn't either. It was 17 degrees this am...no auto heated seat when remote starting vehicle.

(my Jeep GC would turn on heated seats and steering wheel when 32 degrees and below. Also, in summer, it would turn on the cooling feature on the seats)

Steve

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had the same issue but in the manual it says the indicator lights on the seat heat button will not turn on during a remote start even though the seat heat will be on. And if you dig further in the manual, it says the performance of an unoccupied seat will be reduced. With that, all I can say is that I can (barely) feel the seat heat when I enter the vehicle after a remote start, but it is working.

ebdesant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine doesn't either. It was 17 degrees this am...no auto heated seat when remote starting vehicle.

(my Jeep GC would turn on heated seats and steering wheel when 32 degrees and below. Also, in summer, it would turn on the cooling feature on the seats)

Steve

My auto start heated seats arent working either as well as my heated seats in general. Lights on switches light up but no heat. Gotta love GM quality

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine dont seem to be going on either. I think 6 degrees should meet the temp threshold...