Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

performance1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I here a lot of positive things about using Sea Foam to clean out the "upper" system.

I am putting on a whole new exhaust, with o2 sensors and Cats. What affect will all this carbon build up exiting the headers have on my new components.

I'd hate to put on new o2 sensors and new cats, and find out later that I fouled them by using this stuff.

Opinions?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it'll foul them up. Others have done the seafoam treatment with older components and haven't had a problem. Maybe you should do the treatment before you get new cats and sensors, if it gives you peace of mind.

RBTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup, did the sea foam shortly after a got my truck with 113k on original setup and have not had one problem. Think you'll be fine.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youl be fine i usually pump 3/4 a can into the pcv system lol

OP
OP
P

performance1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I wish I would have waited before I cut the Cats off - it makes more sense to use the older components to push the carbon through.

Too late, so I guess we'll see if any codes are thrown. At least I saved the old o2 sensors.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I used sea foam last week I have 110000 on her and never sea foamed before... Barley got any smoke whatsoever idk what went wrong.. I'm not looking for smoking but I have seen so many smokey vids and mine was literally nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used sea foam last week I have 110000 on her and never sea foamed before... Barley got any smoke whatsoever idk what went wrong.. I'm not looking for smoking but I have seen so many smokey vids and mine was literally nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Did you check to see if your oil is all milky looking now?