school me on pullies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbleezy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have heard people say changing the under drive pulley can help alot. Is this true??? Do i just need to change the under drive pulley? or what others? Do i go smaller or what? and where is a good place to buy?
The only thing i have done to my 2005 Tahoe with the 5.3 is a full K&N intake, flowmaster exhaust and i am getting a black bear tune this Saturday.
Sorry for all of the questions.
thanks
dustin

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, for the money, spend it on headers, something like that....you won't see huge gains from pullies.

OP
OP
D

dbleezy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im wanting to do headers really bad, but i dont know if i wanna spend $450 on the headers and $450 on the install, its close to $1000 after why pipe and install and all

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah man, I have a set of headers, $425 shipped and you can install yourself, easy swap with a buddy, Y pipe hooks right up to exsisting pipe...3 hour install, maybe.

OP
OP
D

dbleezy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have just heard stories of people messing the install up, im not dumb but i dont like messing with engine stuff. I will see if i can find some buddies to help me. I know a guy whos a GM mechanic who said he would help if i come to him(bout 3 hours) but it would be worth it for a quality install

OP
OP
D

dbleezy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am ready for this Saturday to get here, He is coming to Charlotte and I am excited about my in person tune.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
with Justin?

if so, he's a cool dude, he did mine live, get the 93 octane tune :D

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ does that mean you gotta run 93 in the hoe all the time? if so no thanks!

OP
OP
D

dbleezy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with Justin?

if so, he's a cool dude, he did mine live, get the 93 octane tune :D

yes sir with justin, and im getting the 93 tune. I figured its like $5 more per tanks of gas. If you factor the power difference, possibly the 1 more mpg with 93, and the fact of know that you have better cleaner fuel in your system is worth the $5 to me. Plus its not a daily driver, so ill fill it up maybe twice a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo