school me on nitrous!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not going to read this whole thread, but i'll tell you about nitrous.... ITS GENERALLY FOR SPORTS CARS! NOT FULL SIZE SUV'S! but hey, to each there own i guess. what is a laughable gesture to one is cool shit to another i guess? why start with an 18 sec truck and make it a go fast? could have at least started with a TBSS or something. but hey, enjoy!

it's all about having fun with what ya brung.

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i didnt plan on making my tahoe fast... it just kinda started happing. By anymeans its not the fastest thing.. i work on ls1's almost everyday and just started messing with my ls motor in my hoe. I think its just awsome pulling up to people and they are like do you have a cam in there? not something you see everyday.... i just like something different. But like you say to each his own.

Konman09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know all about 12's in an SUV. My TBSS ran 12.40 @ 109.82 in the quarter with just a few bolt ons, no power adders or nitrous. We had a TBSS on the forum running 8's and I thought that was silly. But you're right, you pull up next to me when I'm in a sports car, and you're in a Tahoe, and you whoop me.... well, I'll get a chuckle out of it and give you a thumbs up. Vette and Mustang boys HATED getting beat up on by my TBSS.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yah my wifes ran 12.7 wiht only mod being stall converter and drag rads. Stock tune everything else stock and full weight. We did our bolt ons after that so im sure on teh 50 shot ill be in high 11s. Ill see in about 2 weeks what it will do.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My old 70 LWB truck ran 12.80's, freaked alot of people out when a heavy farm truck beat em :D

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if i really want to go that fast ill just jump in my mustang... should be puttin the motor in it here soon. Got a 347 going in it and it will be on a 250 shot.

but i just wanted to be different having this hoe. Then i got on here and saw there was alot more guys doing the same thing lol. I would love to trade it for a tbss though!

Konman09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your running a 347 mustang on a 250 shot and you came here looking for nitrous advise? LOL. Thats a pretty healthy shot of juice.

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol... well i know a little bit. Just kinda wanted some info on putting a safe kit on my tahoe. nothing to crazy like my mustang.

the motor im getting is actually a built 349, its got a 250 shot on it right now but i think its a little much. The guy im getting it from pulled a 9.80 something in the 1/4 just with the motor. He said when he hit the spray all it did was blow the tires off. haha so im thinking once i get it right i should be in the high 8's. Ill get some pics up soon... The motor is still in the car at my work got to pull it out sometime within the next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo