Sayin what up!! I've been away for awhile, what's the word bird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
What up everyone? How's it been? How you doing? Hopefully some homies still around? If I dont know you, nice to meet ya. My name is Austin. I've been away from the forum for awhile now, probably haven't been on for a year!! Dam too long. But wanted to come back, say what's up, n see how everyone is. I've had alot of family $hit , other BS, and new hobbies to occupy most/all my time. So I haven't been around. But still rollin strong. Been a crazy year for me. But need to start coming back on n seeing how everyone is doing, and check out some rides and talk with the friends I've made, and new ones to come. And what my poor Tahoe has been thru lately

I just got my Tahoe smashed up 2 months ago!! Someone pulled out in front of the wife, smashed the front end!! That one hurt, and the wife got pretty banged up. Not hospital bad, but she's still seeing a chiropractor, Dr. ect... Luckily it didn't total out. $7k in damage tho!! Ouch! But all got fixed. Accident happened on 11/17/2012, and got it back on 1/5/2013.
Pic of the damage.
20121117_093501_zpsd0984394.jpg

Then.... Not even a month later after getting it back from the body shop, 1/29/2013, I get rear ended! Literally, 2 weeks ago, just get my ride back and bam,, get hit. What the fu@k. Luckily, if there is a luckily. It wasn't too bad of damage and I didn't get hurt that bad, seatbelts work. Just rear bumper damage, and should be an easy fix.
Pic of the new damage. Just rear bumper, didn't get into the body, or worse. But still waiting on INS. Co.
Tahoerear_zpsefcece2c.jpg
On a plus, I will be getting my SS front bumper painted, along with a new Denali rear bumper color matched. So it should look cleaner and more matched, hopefully. Still got the white running boards, which will either be removed(since kid is older now) or may just strip em back to black. Idk yet,but think I'm done with the all white boards tho right now.

Still can't believe it all. Besides the accidents, had a crazy last year. Family deaths, hospital visits for my son, my wife and other family members. Just alot of craziness. But $hit happens, and keep on keeping on. All is good tho right now, besides getting my truck fixed, again. Just been into other hobbies and interests lately that occupy most my time, and haven't been doing anything to the Tahoe. But this last accident has made me want to change a few thing. So gonna try n start being back on here more often, and BS with all the good peeps n friends.

Anyway... Wanted to come back to the forum, and say what's. Alot of good guys up in here, not sure who's all still around, but hopefully make/meet some new friends. I'm gonna try and come on more tho, but if I don't respond quickly, I'll be back on. Try not to disappear for too long. Hope everyone is cool, rides r good. Enough of my rambling already

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's terrible. I had a similar situation with a silverado I had a few years back. A month after getting the bed fixed and new wheels put on some drunk idiot rear ended/side swiped me. Had to get a whole new rear end put in. Luckily this time just one new wheel since they had not been discontinued yet like the last set had been.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! well glad they didn't total it out welcome back

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Hey Austin Damn bro what luck you have, but like you said you gotta keep moving and moving forward that is, That sucks i hope your wife is doing better as usual the truck looks good, im glad you're getting rid of the white step-bars. You should of upgraded your front end with the HD one... IMO, Anyways Stay positive my friend..

little update on mine did an extensive performance mods, looks like by the end of last year i got the performance bug..

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Thanks, it was getting close to totaling out. Glad they don't combine accidents and totals.

What up Junior? Long time homie. Thanks bro, just gotta do me, and flow forward. As always your rig is looking good also. Gotta love the performance mods. What all did you do?

Thanks , wifey is getting better, could have been alot worse if not for the seatbelt, that's for sure. What do you mean HD front end? Grille and bumper? Personally not feeling it. Not hating, cool conversion, just rather have the SS bumper then that. For me it looks cleaner and should match up good with the Denali rear bumper. And already have the SS front bumper, which will be put on during this stint at the body shop. Finally! And yes, running boards r done. Just had to do them all white, needed to know what it looked like. But enough is enough.

Thanks PwtrSS_OakCliff. Nice to meet ya bro. Good to be back, talk with some old friends, meet some new ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019